TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
    Any advice on catching crappie on Rayburn this time of the year?

I have never attempted to fish for crappie, and my FIL is really wanting to go. Any advice is appreciated.
    Pm sent

Comment

I think I may get in on this fun and book a cabin.
      I’m off that weekend and can’t get enough of crappie fishing. We usually go fish Louisiana delta that time a year but i can put it off a few weeks for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Havent fished Rayburn in awhile, but loved it. One of the 3 best lakes in Tx IMO. Used to fish the "big sam, big bass" tourney out there

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          I think I may get in on this fun and book a cabin.
          I’m off that weekend and can’t get enough of crappie fishing. We usually go fish Louisiana delta that time a year but i can put it off a few weeks for this.

You won’t be disappointed. It’s going to be a large time even if the fish don’t bite!

Comment

Cleaning out the shop to make room for the new sled!! Well actually moved a few things and am sitting in the shop drinking beer, but somebody's gotta do that too!! Multi tasking!![emoji2]

Comment

Multi tasking is when you have a rod in one hand and a beer in the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Multi tasking is when you have a rod in one hand and a beer in the other.

You’ve never fished with Slew. He has a rod in each hand and sucking beer through a tube from his beer hat!!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                  You’ve never fished with Slew. He has a rod in each hand and sucking beer through a tube from his beer hat!!

Camel pouch on my back! Kept spilling my beer on my hooksets!!!![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Camel pouch on my back! Kept spilling my beer on my hooksets!!!![emoji23]

Haha! Now you’re talking!

Comment

I'm in, got my cabin booked.

Comment

Good deal! Should be a fun weekend! Maybe we will even catch a crappie!![emoji2]

Comment

I can't wait for this weekend i'm hoping i can get off work.

Comment

I have a 15’ stick steering boat with a 25 hp motor. Are there spots in safe water close to the launch to fish in this boat?

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
                              I have a 15’ stick steering boat with a 25 hp motor. Are there spots in safe water close to the launch to fish in this boat?

There's timber right across the lake from Jackson Hill ramp you could fish if the wind wasn't bad and 50 other launches around the lake you could head too if wind was too bad in one area.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                There's timber right across the lake from Jackson Hill ramp you could fish if the wind wasn't bad and 50 other launches around the lake you could head too if wind was too bad in one area.

Perfect! I’m gonna try to make it! Sounds like a great time!

Comment

Working...
                                X