Hawaii Trip with the Mrs and bow???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    We liked it because it was less touristy and less commercialized. Not everyone would like that, I'm sure. The culture and general vibe is very similar to West Texas in a lot of ways. Laid back, friendly people. The beauty is hard to beat too. If we didn't have a bunch of family in Texas, I think I'd have a hard time keeping my wife from moving to Kauai.
    We do a lot of snorkeling from beach, and finding remote beaches. Maui has a lot for that. If you know where, you can get remote with little to no people. Riptide on Kauai can make snorkeling tougher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was headed to Hawaii and going to hire a service it is going to be pulling on billfish and not pulling back on a bowstring.

Comment

Spoke to a friend of mine today, he did a DIY goat hunt in Kauai, said it was awesome. Not many people and tons of goats right next to the ocean. We used to have hundreds of Spanish goats at a time. Might be fun to actually shoot them, instead of cussing and saying I was going to.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          We do a lot of snorkeling from beach, and finding remote beaches. Maui has a lot for that. If you know where, you can get remote with little to no people. Riptide on Kauai can make snorkeling tougher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          Yep. If you want to be in the ocean, Kauai has fewer safe options for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Yep. If you want to be in the ocean, Kauai has fewer safe options for sure.
            Kuai was def not a great beach island, only area with a real usable brash we could find was on north side. We just rented a car and did a lot of sight seeing.

Comment

I'm in Maui right now. Took the grandaughter whale watching. We've been over here a buncha times, and will probably wind up buying a house here on Maui. There are a whole bunch of places on several of the islands to hunt hogs and axis. I hope to findseveral of them. Aloha!

Comment

I fly out to Maui every month. Any insight on the best public land to hunt axis would be great.

Comment

I'm headed to Maui in August - this is helpful experience. Thanks!

Courtney

Comment

Working...
                  X