Prairie View A&M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prairie View A&M

Anybody work for at the school? Sent my resume today, just curious about some things.
    Thanks in advance.

What type of insight you needing?

Comment

Few questions about work environment, benefits and the area in general. Id be moving and want to find out all I can.

Comment

Take it for what you will.............

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairi...26M_University

Lol, sure didnt know anything about all that. They may just chunk my resume anyway....

Comment

Since you're a GC superintendent if the job is to be the grounds superintendent I'd wager it's going to be a competitive position.

The campus is pretty nice.

If it being a HBCU is worrisome it probably wouldn't be a good fit for either anyways

Comment

Since you're a GC superintendent if the job is to be the grounds superintendent I'd wager it's going to be a competitive position.*

The campus is pretty nice.*

If it being a HBCU is worrisome it probably wouldn't be a good fit for either anyways*
              Not worried about race or affiliation, I've worked in some REALLY awful towns. Just never knew the history, didnt do my homework. Still interested in the gig, not sure they'll be interested in me is all

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairi...26M_University

Was there something in that Wikipedia post that was negative?
                Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                They may just chunk my resume anyway....
                Because you are an American citizen without a criminal background and can do the job?
                Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                The campus is pretty nice.

If it being a HBCU is worrisome it probably wouldn't be a good fit for either anyways
                Actually the Chancellor of the A&M System has said it is the BEST looking campus of all 11 schools in the system. I agree if that is worrisome probably not a good fit for ya......even though the university has almost 40% other races enrolled.
                Not worried about race or affiliation, I've worked in some REALLY awful towns. Just never knew the history, didnt do my homework. Still interested in the gig, not sure they'll be interested in me is all
                No idea why they would not be interested in someone with credentials that are above reproach and have certifications proving they are well versed.
                The history was not by choice it was where we were as a country in 1876.......a form of "separate but equal".........thus both Land Grant Universities chartered on the same day in 1876. (Instead of one university for everyone!)

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Was there something in that Wikipedia post that was negative?

Because you are an American citizen without a criminal background and can do the job?

Actually the Chancellor of the A&M System has said it is the BEST looking campus of all 11 schools in the system. I agree if that is worrisome probably not a good fit for ya......even though the university has almost 40% other races enrolled.

No idea why they would not be interested in someone with credentials that are above reproach and have certifications proving they are well versed.
                  The history was not by choice it was where we were as a country in 1876.......a form of "separate but equal".........thus both Land Grant Universities chartered on the same day in 1876. (Instead of one university for everyone!)
                  Can't speak for other's, only for myself.

My comment was kind of 2 fold.

1. It's from a wikipedia site, and we all know the history with information contained on there.
                  2. Just providing information that may or may not have been known about the school, which was what was asked for by OP.

Comment

Can't speak for other's, only for myself.

My comment was kind of 2 fold.

1. It's from a wikipedia site, and we all know the history with information contained on there.
                    2. Just providing information that may or may not have been known about the school, which was what was asked for by OP.
                    Gotcha....folks always complain about Wikipedia on TBH, I skimmed it and thought I missed something derogatory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Gotcha....folks always complain about Wikipedia on TBH, I skimmed it and thought I missed something derogatory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Like what?

Comment

Nope, just never knew the history, as I said already. With what I read, they may not be ready for me!

Comment

I like the campus but the area of Texas is not my favorite. If I had my pick of A@M campus it would be Port A.

Comment

Nope, just never knew the history, as I said already. With what I read, they may not be ready for me!
                            Heck, what did you read. I need to read that also.

Comment

Like what?
                              Not a what actually. TBHers also said folks had stuff put on WIKI that was outlandish and bizarre. I thought you were referring to something worth looking into.

Comment

Working...
                              X