Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exodus Swept blade broadheads, anybody use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exodus Swept blade broadheads, anybody use them?

Got to looking at the swept blade Exodus heads in 125grain, they look stout. Does anyone have a review on them good or bad when they've shot an animal, as well as the flight compared to field tips?

I've shot one doe this year with that exact head. She was quartering away fairly hard and the arrow exited through the shoulder and buried six inches in the dirt and then into a root. The head is still in good condition no bent blades or anything like that. Blood trail was a little sparse for 20 yards or so but the deer took out of there like lightening at the shot. After that it was a blood trail I could walk and follow and she made it 70 yards total.

I shot the head twice into my target to check and see if they flew with field tips and they were dead on. It's still very sharp after going through the target. I think it's a very solid head and should have no problem breaking bone.

Comment

Just send Ragin' a PM. He'll tell you everything you need to know!

Or wait about 10 minutes and he'll chime in as his broadhead chatter alert should go off pretty soon!

Comment

Took them to Africa this year. They fly well and penetrate great. I think i only broke one blade on a wildebeest.

Comment

I killed two elk with them and a bunch of other critters. They are tough as nails, penetrate well and make a good hole. For most animals I hunt I like the exodus and slick trick mags when I shoot a fixed blade. One day in Nevada I shot one into a 55 gallon drum like 4 or 5 times with no real damage.

Comment

I've killed probably 3-4 deer with them, including the one in my avatar pic, and they worked great every time. They all flew to same POI as my field points. I still have mine, I just wanted to try Xecutioners to see if I can be a mechanical guy.

Comment

Killed lots of deer and hogs with the exodus swept blades. They are one of the toughest heads out there.

Comment

Took them to Africa last year and they performed great for me.

Comment

Shot the buck I took last weekend with the Exodus. Quartering away and passed through the offside shoulder. Only issue was that shoulder looked like a bullet passed through - bone chips and all. Great broadhead.

Comment

Working...
                  X