Almost got murdered today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost got murdered today

Weather cleared up a bit so I took the motor scooter out for a ride. Cruisin down some backroads, doing about 70, catch something out of the corner of my eye. Then this gigantic turkey comes flying across the road right at face height. This thing was less than two feet in front of my face. I just made peace real quick and was waiting for impact lol. A second difference and I would have been jousted off my bike like some scene in knights tale. So that's how I was almost murdered by a turkey today. About a mile down the road I had to stop and honk and yell at a pack of donkeys that were all stopped blocking the road. Felt like Ace Ventura out there today.

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
    Weather cleared up a bit so I took the motor scooter out for a ride. Cruisin down some backroads, doing about 70, catch something out of the corner of my eye. Then this gigantic turkey comes flying across the road right at face height. This thing was less than two feet in front of my face. I just made peace real quick and was waiting for impact lol. A second difference and I would have been jousted off my bike like some scene in knights tale. So that's how I was almost murdered by a turkey. About a mile down the road I had to stop and honk and yell at a pack of donkeys that were all stopped blocking the road. Felt like Ace Ventura out there today.
    Wow. I can't imagine that sentence has been said too many times in human history

Comment

gotta watch out for the wild life my brotha. keep it shinny side up.

Comment

Happy Father's Day lol

Comment

Be careful out there! And get your payback this fall or spring!

Comment

I know of a girl that hit a buzzard on motorcycle. She had multiple surgeries but made it through.

Comment

Every time it think about getting another bike, I hear something that makes me ask if it's worth it.

Glad you didn't get jousted!

Comment

Turkeys may be extremely wary, but they are definitely not the brightest of birds. Glad you're OK!

Comment

Sister had a turkey come through her windshield a few weeks ago. He ended up in her lap. She was ok.

Comment

Was you riding in a zoo?

Comment

Haha I felt like I was riding through a zoo. This turkey was fricken huge. I will have to settle this with that bad mamba jamba next season lol. I had a buddy hit a cow down in Mexico on a dirtbike years ago. That was really bad.

Comment

And . . . I just tallied another reason not to ride motorized vehicles with only 2 wheels, as my old bones heal slowly.

Comment

That would have made for a different tumb stone

Killed by wild turkey.

Comment

DUCK no TURKEY, glad you are ok man.

Comment

Glad this had a happy ending. Way to keep an eye out and maintain your cool after you saw it. A lot of accidents are the result of failure to keep those 2 main rules in check.

Great write-up. Needed a little humor tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X