• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401298089.313866.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	24306623

Pig with my homemade digital NV. Cost me somewhere around $150 to build including the illuminator. The farthest confirmed distance I can see well enough to shoot is 160yds but Im pretty sure it will go 200+

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401298342.486064.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	24306624

Pic of my first version that slips onto an existing scope. Thats nice if you dont have/want a dedicated NV rifle.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401298434.994947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	24306626

As the others have said, a pic doesnt do it justice.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very cool! Nice job!

Comment

What the heck!? Please show me your ways

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            I went ahead and pre-ordered one for $629.10 (total) with free shipping from Tech Eyes. They have an additional 10% off if anyone is interested in checking one of these out.

Comment

That looks sweet. Let's us know how they work.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                [ATTACH]624079[/ATTACH]

Pig with my homemade digital NV. Cost me somewhere around $150 to build including the illuminator. The farthest confirmed distance I can see well enough to shoot is 160yds but Im pretty sure it will go 200+
                Homemade?! Bad*****, you got a link of where you learned how to make one?

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                  Homemade?! Bad*****, you got a link of where you learned how to make one?
                  This I'm making one tomorrow is you have a link.

Comment

I also want to see how you made this. Very cool.

Comment

In

Comment

No one else post in this thread until miket explains himself... Each time I see it at the top I think oh yea (Macho man randy savage style) ... Then the let down.

Comment

Ok. I am at work so I just copied much of the text from a pm I sent to another member ( my words only of course ):
                          Do you want the long version or the short one? I was working on a way to make an old Sony handicam into a NV spotter ( it worked ) when I stumbled onto Rolaids Bench on youtube. He is the main one developing this DIY NV in the US. Upon even further research I discovered that he ( he has stated this ) has gotten a great deal of info from nightvisionforumuk where it appears as if the idea truly originated. ( I am a member ) Other than personaly refinements/adaptations my builds are generally copies of my predesessors. My builds are a cctv camera with a 100mm lens on it. The scopeless build is basically that camera held in place at the correct eye relief looking through the scope. My scopeless build is a camera and lense inside a housing that I made. The key really is the illuminator. There isnt enough ambient light to see regardless of camera so you must use an IR illuminator. You can buy a good one for about $160-$200 but Im cheap so I bought a Uniquefire T20 and installed an IR led and driver in it. Come to find out this is precisely what one seller does and sells for $200 ( $160 on sale ). I am currently working on a better version that will slip on a scope ( like my scoped version ) with a better camera and that will be more refined and look more professional. I am waiting for the camera to come in and then will start finallizing the design and machining the housing.

So, to those interested, look up Rolaids Bench on youtube and nightvisionforumuk to get started. I am no pro but can help more for those that end up pursuing this.

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401847213.834123.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24308827

Here is a pretty poor pic of my old faded Cabelas target at a lasered 135yds. As stated before, the pic just doesnt do it justice.

Comment

oohhhhh.. so you shoot through the little monitor and not through the scope itself. pretty nifty.

Comment

Working...
                              X