State Income Tax..or Property Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy View Post
    Property tax is the only tax where you have due process for appeal.

No other tax gives you that right.
    Because the other taxes are set rates. What would there be to appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Because the other taxes are set rates. What would there be to appeal?

You can appeal your value as well as the tax rates at the taxing entities. No other tax is that way.

Comment

Property tax is the only tax where you have due process for appeal.

No other tax gives you that right.
        The appeal is a joke.
        So, you go from paying 12k a year to 11500 a year and next year it reevaluated and now its 12500 a year.

Comment

You can appeal your value as well as the tax rates at the taxing entities. No other tax is that way.
          The protest usually saves you a few hundred to make you feel like you really beat them up. when they were way high to begin with. Of course you can appeal. It's not much of an appeal when the appeal board is made up of 3 tax employees, one county commissioner and one commoner. You've lost before you ever go in.

Comment

My home is paid off but when I retire in a few years I will be forced out of it because of the $1,000.00 a month rent I have to pay to the state.
            The school portion really gigs me as I have not had a kid in school for over 20 years but still have to kick in to pay for someone elses kids to go.

Comment

So you are saying your appeal effectiveness totally negates the ability to do so?

If you cant win hire a tax attorney who can.

Comment

So you are saying your appeal effectiveness totally negates the ability to do so?

If you cant win hire a tax attorney who can.

Yep

If the appeal could possibly lower the tax by half it might be worth it. As it stands now its a waste of time

Comment

Working...
                X