Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mathews 2013 bows are out on their site!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to go shoot that Chill...it has piqued my interest for sure!

Comment

I like the split limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremeHunter80 View Post
        It's all about the shooter. I know Mathews will still make a killing off of the new bows. I do like the looks of the creed, and will be at Smithfield tomorrow afternoon to shoot the demo. But has anyone compared the zxt to the z7 xtreme? Am I going crazy or is this the same bow with the price knocked off a little?
        I'll be there too, you'll have to share

Comment

ill try the ZXT got my attention!!! like the Z7tactical, Helim,ML8

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
            I'll be there too, you'll have to share
            When you gonna be down there? Me and a friend are heading down there around 3 after we get out of class. Kinda funny we both hunt in Montague and use the same bow shop.

Comment

I shot a guys Z7X and a fellow TBHer's Heli and they both felt like an easier draw @ 70# than my Wrath @ 64#. They both made me want to switch to Mathews but I couldn't justify the money on it. If the Creed truely is smoother than the Heli then I may make the jump.

As far as numbers go bows have LONG been at an overkill for whitetail. I am more interested in an easy smooth draw then speed. My Wrath is faster and has an 8" brace height but it's a much tougher draw @ 70# from the odd angles you can get in a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremeHunter80 View Post
                When you gonna be down there? Me and a friend are heading down there around 3 after we get out of class. Kinda funny we both hunt in Montague and use the same bow shop.
                About 5ish. I'm curious like everyone else

Comment

Was a diehard "mathews" fan( ya fan boy) until the waffle riser and some "warrenty "Issues. Dont buy them because of a good warrenty,because it may not be.I will shoot my reezen 6.5 until it dyes then hopefully I will be trad only.Good luck with your new bows.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                    I am still comparing my DXT with the other single cam bows and specs. just don't beat it by a large enough margin. It will all come down to feel and shootablility. Personally I like the looks of the Creed and the little double cam Monster Chill. It is just down to shooting them now and seeing how they feel in the hand. I do like the looks of the two new ones but not so much the ZXT.

Agreed. I have a DXT and love it. Matter of fact I ran I to a guy the other day in the now shop that told me not to ever give that bow up. He said people come in looking for it all the time. Until Matthews comes out with something AMAZING I will not be giving up my DXT!!

Comment

Personally im let down !! Been looking to upgrade my 29-70 DXT and I passed on the heli-m in anticpation of the re-inventing the wheel campaign for 2013. I'm not sure about the looks just yet on the creed, and i was expecting some 340 bare naked speeds, Im hoping i may like the Monstor chill better when i shoot it , and see it in person ,. Its gonna take a really good one to take my Matthews DXT out of my hand i guess. There is zero speed increase and surprisingly increased wieght with the creed. The DXT shoots 326 and has been a phenominaly great shooter and proven hunter !

Comment

Originally posted by RACK MASTER View Post
                        Personally im let down !! Been looking to upgrade my 29-70 DXT and I passed on the heli-m in anticpation of the re-inventing the wheel campaign for 2013. I'm not sure about the looks just yet on the creed, and i was expecting some 340 bare naked speeds, Im hoping i may like the Monstor chill better when i shoot it , and see it in person ,. Its gonna take a really good one to take my Matthews DXT out of my hand i guess. There is zero speed increase and surprisingly increased wieght with the creed. The DXT shoots 326 and has been a phenominaly great shooter and proven hunter !
                        The DXT was to Mathews what the Alphamax was to Hoyt. Both were great bows for their respective companies and they sold a ton of them. People like smooth, guess we'll see how smooth the new ones are tomorrow afternoon. The more I look at the Creed the more I like the way it looks. It kinda grows on you.

Comment

I want to shoot both the Chill and the Creed. I might have to look into a smoother bow after shooting DoublePlay's Z7 some last weekend. That thing was nice.

I do have to wonder what the next major advancement will be. I didn't see anything exceptional here either.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
                            The DXT was to Mathews what the Alphamax was to Hoyt. Both were great bows for their respective companies and they sold a ton of them. People like smooth, guess we'll see how smooth the new ones are tomorrow afternoon. The more I look at the Creed the more I like the way it looks. It kinda grows on you.
                            Aint that the truth. I keep thinking MAN if this thing really is that much smoother than the HeliM I may have to fork the cash. Spoke to the guys over at West Houston Archery and asked them about it. Basically its on par with the Heli over all as a bow but they have different things going for them. HeliM is faster and lighter but the new bow is smoother. He told me it will come down to what each person prefers. ZXT has been confirmed to be basically a Z7X with some improvements and a lower price.. which to me sounds GREAT because I always had a thing for that shorter ATA and the look of the Z7E. Looks like I will have some tough decisions this year. =P

Comment

This isn't the 1st time they've tamed down the bow for a smoother, friendlier shooting experience. I've been a long time, multiple mathews shooter and defected to Bowtech for a very short time (less than a year!). The z7 brought me back and I can't justify getting another bow.

The industry needs another breakthrough because everyone is running out of gas with the current technologies.

I thought the waffle stuff was ugly as well but I liked it in person and especially after the bow was setup for hunting.

Comment

Dxt

Originally posted by RACK MASTER View Post
                                Personally im let down !! Been looking to upgrade my 29-70 DXT and I passed on the heli-m in anticpation of the re-inventing the wheel campaign for 2013. I'm not sure about the looks just yet on the creed, and i was expecting some 340 bare naked speeds, Im hoping i may like the Monstor chill better when i shoot it , and see it in person ,. Its gonna take a really good one to take my Matthews DXT out of my hand i guess
                                Agreed X2. My dxt is still shooting so sweet and accurate that I just can't justify. .......yet!!

Comment

Working...
                                X