Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
    DRTs are made in the USA also.
    And lifetime warranty. But I'm fixin to take a gander at the solids.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Actually I emailed DRT last year and they told me they are assembled here but materials are all made overseas. But I really shouldn't have let that stop me, they seem like great heads.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      Actually I emailed DRT last year and they told me they are assembled here but materials are all made overseas. But I really shouldn't have let that stop me, they seem like great heads.
      Well crap.

Comment

Well, I can't afford the solids. They sure look awsome though.

They are really expensive relative to other broadheads. But have a lifetime warranty and are amazing. Super sharp, stay sharp, easy to sharpen, solid steel.

Look at the cost of all your other equipment and you'll see that broadheads are a small part but one of the most critical parts. And i don't shoot but 1 maybe 2 animals each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
          Oh yea! I was looking at them too but found great deals on these...

Where did you find a good deal? I love the Solids.

DRT's look nice but I went the Solid route a few years back instead. Might need to try the DRT's next!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love both of em but still wanna know what's the deal

Comment

They are really expensive relative to other broadheads. But have a lifetime warranty and are amazing. Super sharp, stay sharp, easy to sharpen, solid steel.

Look at the cost of all your other equipment and you'll see that broadheads are a small part but one of the most critical parts. And i don't shoot but 1 maybe 2 animals each year.

And I agree with you on this. But I'm also buying for my son also. I'd like for us to shoot the same heads. And with this being his first year with a bow.

Comment

I shot the solids for awhile, they are sharp but they are a little brittle. Broke a couple, blades nick up pretty easy. Then they raised the price and German kenetics became available again. So I sold my last 10 pkgs of solids and bought 10 packages of kenetic XXL. You can buy kenetics for less then the solid, just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  I shot the solids for awhile, they are sharp but they are a little brittle. Broke a couple, blades nick up pretty easy. Then they raised the price and German kenetics became available again. So I sold my last 10 pkgs of solids and bought 10 packages of kenetic XXL. You can buy kenetics for less then the solid, just so you know.
                  I'll give them a look.

Comment

Oh yea! I was looking at them too but found great deals on these...

Those heads fly great but you will break half of them. They are WAY to brittle. I broke 3-4 out of the 9 I bought. I got rid of them. These were breaking in a 3d target

Comment

I was on their Pro Staff. I love the heads, but could never get them to fly straight. I hope they do for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        I was on their Pro Staff. I love the heads, but could never get them to fly straight. I hope they do for you.
                        So this is the problem me and my son are having. I have tried tunning the head and they are planning real bad. And very inconsistent. I love the design and they are sharp as all get out. I going to keep playing with them and see what I can do. But as of now. We r moving on to try something else. Probably G5 montex.

Comment

So this is the problem me and my son are having. I have tried tunning the head and they are planning real bad. And very inconsistent. I love the design and they are sharp as all get out. I going to keep playing with them and see what I can do. But as of now. We r moving on to try something else. Probably G5 montex.

That's too bad. I've been shooting DRTs and have had no problems with flight. They fly great for me. To be fair though, I am picky about how I have them set up. To me, it is mental, I know, but I need to have them lie flat when the arrow is nocked. I play with my arrow/broadhead combos until I find one that works and this is how I shoot them. The intellectual part of my brain tells me if has zero effect, but the mental aspect says I like the looks (and thus feel) better. TMI, I know.

Montecs are fine, switched from them to DRTs mainly because the Montec blood trails just seemed to be lacking every time I shot something. Don't know why, can't find a reason for it, but the blood trails just weren't as good as I felt they should have been.

Comment

That's fine when you only shoot a couple animals a year but if your like me it would probably cost well over a $1000 dollars to shoot them for a year as I normally go through about 50+ broadheads a year. Just not worth it for me as my Magnus broadheads work just fine and are also warrantied for life.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                              That's fine when you only shoot a couple animals a year but if your like me it would probably cost well over a $1000 dollars to shoot them for a year as I normally go through about 50+ broadheads a year. Just not worth it for me as my Magnus broadheads work just fine and are also warrantied for life.
                              Yep, magnus or slick trick work just fine for a 1/3 of the price

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                                That's too bad. I've been shooting DRTs and have had no problems with flight. They fly great for me. To be fair though, I am picky about how I have them set up. To me, it is mental, I know, but I need to have them lie flat when the arrow is nocked. I play with my arrow/broadhead combos until I find one that works and this is how I shoot them. The intellectual part of my brain tells me if has zero effect, but the mental aspect says I like the looks (and thus feel) better. TMI, I know.

Montecs are fine, switched from them to DRTs mainly because the Montec blood trails just seemed to be lacking every time I shot something. Don't know why, can't find a reason for it, but the blood trails just weren't as good as I felt they should have been.
                                I'm going to keep playing with them. But about 75% of them at 20;yards wouldn't even hit the target they planned so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X