Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Take Dead Aim;11300414]
    Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Maybe I should have started a new post or better yet just kept my information to myself and pretend it didn't matter. I see the angst some have towards me at this point which I obviously didn't want. Never did I come here with the intention of trying to stir the pot and upset people. But I was ridiculed before for.my stance and just wanted to add to the conversation from before as time has passed and new info is available. It doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong the facts will be the facts and we will all learn from them hopefully.
    Ok. So let me get this straight. And help me out here bc I'm trying to keep from throwing you in the same crack pot with some other ****s that have been on this thread.
    You waited to comment until you had "new info". Why. So you could start this discussion, to try and prove your point that everything is copistetic and this thread is pointless bc new info has proven us all wrong. Prove to us that the economy is booming and jobs are falling from the sky. I'm getting confused as to what your point was now.

Like I stated above. You are being ridiculed bc of your stance and your "intended" actions in this thread. I appreciate a good convo as mush a most people but I would never purposely jump in one I had something to stand on. At that point I'd jus stay away and or just give word of encouragement. Idk. Maybe I'm different. But I am for dam sure confused now.

Comment

[quote=txoutdoorsman24;11300719]
      Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post

Ok. So let me get this straight. And help me out here bc I'm trying to keep from throwing you in the same crack pot with some other ****s that have been on this thread.

You waited to comment until you had "new info". Why. So you could start this discussion, to try and prove your point that everything is copistetic and this thread is pointless bc new info has proven us all wrong. Prove to us that the economy is booming and jobs are falling from the sky. I'm getting confused as to what your point was now.

Like I stated above. You are being ridiculed bc of your stance and your "intended" actions in this thread. I appreciate a good convo as mush a most people but I would never purposely jump in one I had something to stand on. At that point I'd jus stay away and or just give word of encouragement. Idk. Maybe I'm different. But I am for dam sure confused now.

Agreed except I'm so not confused about what he's doing and his bogus claims. You nailed it with that "jobs falling from the sky" part. I went to work making the same money. But I got extremely lucky on this gig and I know it.

Comment

[QUOTE=bphillips;11300420]I thought this was all discussed before geez.

No. There's new facts out now that need to be discussed. Lol

Comment

I am absolutely not here to stir the pot. Just trying to have a real life discussion on the economy and the side effects of oil prices. I never said it wasn't hard for a huge indsurty of people. I had 197 employees in 2007 and by Jan 2010 was down to 4 plus me. I've been right were some of you are at today and probably worse off. Talk about a life changer. Cost me a ton of money, marriage, and changes me as a person. Still sure if the changing of me was a good thing or not but I definitely have a different personality.

I apologize. As I stated in the beginning I did not come on here to rub it in anyone face. I came back to try to show that there are positives to lower oil and maybe next time around some could have investments that offset all or some of the losses. Obviously I was wrong for thinking that anyone might want to see another side of things and have a true discussion. I get that it is not the same as $100 oil but there are ways to lesson the blow if invested properly. I do find it funny that not one person starting back 6 months ago until today has yet to provide one bit of backup backingbthe point that the economy across Texas or the US is worse off. I'll say again that I'm not rooting for $30, $50, or $120 oil, I'm just trying to show the actual picture of what is happening. I could careless where the oil price is as it truly doesn't matter to me personally. If it was at $100 today I would be fine with that and along with that I would change my economical outlook accordingly. You can say I don't have compassion and you'd be wrong. I get that it is not a great discussion to have and not easy for some to have at this time but it is reality.
          I want you to be clear. Are you saying the Texas economy is better now with the oil crash than before?

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
            I want you to be clear. Are you saying the Texas economy is better now with the oil crash than before?
            That's what the FACTS say that Take dead aim is so gracefully showing us.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
              That is a tricky questions but I would say yes it is heading that way. There is a delay of the results of lower oil prices. It typically takes 6-8 months of savings at the pump to show up as "spendable" savings in people's accounts before they will let go of said money. So we are just getting to the 6-8 month range now. To back that up housing in Texas is at all time high and auto is close. Retail has been lagging for the last year and that one still stumps me as to why. Unemployment in Texas is down. I know mining(which covers oil) is down 20% all other categories are up year to date and this time last year.

Comment

TDA can you post a link or the article that you have please. I want to read it. Pleased and thanks.

Comment

That is a tricky questions but I would say yes it is heading that way. There is a delay of the results of lower oil prices. It typically takes 6-8 months of savings at the pump to show up as "spendable" savings in people's accounts before they will let go of said money. So we are just getting to the 6-8 month range now. To back that up housing in Texas is at all time high and auto is close. Retail has been lagging for the last year and that one still stumps me as to why. Unemployment in Texas is down. I know mining(which covers oil) is down 20% all other categories are up year to date and this time last year.

Wait. "Heading" that way. Now you've said its already doing good. So which direction are you wanting to go? Pick one and stick with it.

Comment

It looks very promising other than oil areas. This isn't like 08-09 and I think some of us forget it wasn't oil that caused it to all go to hell then.

Comment

[quote=txoutdoorsman24;11300737]
                      Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I thought this was all discussed before geez.

No. There's new facts out now that need to be discussed. Lol
                      You do realize the economy is ever changing. The only way to correctly look at is via history and data. So back 6-8 months ago when I made my original statement we had a starting point. And yes since then new data and numbers have come out. Like umeployement, home and auto sales, etc. All of this tell a story of what the economy has done. Key word is done because it is in the past. April is over and those numbers can now be used to compare where we were back when this discussion started. Just like every company compared month vs month, year vs year and so on. So yes monthly and quarterly new numbers come out and the show what happens for that time frame.

Comment

The decline in oil prices started in the last quarter of 2014, and were fully depressed since the summer of 2015. 6-8 months has been in the rear view mirror for 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                          Wait. "Heading" that way. Now you've said its already doing good. So which direction are you wanting to go? Pick one and stick with it.
                          Its semantics. See post above. There is definitely a delay.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            The decline in oil prices started in the last quarter of 2014, and were fully depressed since the summer of 2015. 6-8 months has been in the rear view mirror for 6 months.
                            Should have been more clear in my statement. From the "bottom".

Comment

Its semantics. See post below. There is definitely a delay.

So you're retracting your statement that the economy "is" booming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                                So you're retracting your statement that the economy "is" booming.
                                Not at all and never said booming. If is growing in a positive direction and not 1980's over again like many said.

Comment

Working...
                                X