Single Bevel Broadheads???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Bevel Broadheads???

Question to the experts... I have never shot single bevel broadheads. My questions is what bevel do I get? Right or Left? I have right helical feathers, so I assume Right bevel broadheads. Am I wrong? Is there a significant difference in the single bevel vs. dual bevel? Appreciate any and all info!

KT

Right bevel with right helical

Comment

Originally posted by king_tarzan View Post
      Question to the experts... I have never shot single bevel broadheads. My questions is what bevel do I get? Right or Left? I have right helical feathers, so I assume Right bevel broadheads. Am I wrong? Is there a significant difference in the single bevel vs. dual bevel? Appreciate any and all info!

KT
      Significant difference? Only if you encounter a large bone that needs to be broken for better penetration; the single bevel is better at that than a double bevel. The single bevel will also create a "twist" in soft tissue which effectively creates a longer wound channel and may increase the bleeding.

How much more significant is the question. If an arrow is set up and built correctly a double bevel is just as effective on any North American big game; but if you are chasing pure penetration then a single bevel is the way to go.

Comment

Single or double bevel will both work fine. There has been some research that suggests that the single bevel will penetrate better on a solid bone hit. I think great tuning is he most important thing of all.

I shoot double bevel heads.

And, as already mentioned, you want the bevel of the broadheads to match the feather wing.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I opt for double myself because its easier to get super sharp. A buddy shot single bevel all last season and is switching back because he couldnt tell any difference on animals.

Comment

Working...
          X