A distraction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
    I really dont believe you will find a $20 BJ in a gentleman's club. Also I don't believe they would hire the aids ridden crack or heroin addict prostitute. So again she would be walking up and down the sidewalk in front of your house to do her deed. Just think about it she would become a fixture in your neighborhood its legal and your kids would know her by her street name. That would be so cool.
    What makes you think that's not already happening in the club's? Your right, nobody would hire the aids ridden crack head. Hence more reason to go to the club. I don't live in the city, never plan to, so I don't have the neighborhood issue your speak of. Nobody said legalizing it, would be perfect. But I think, that it sure would cut it down by a big percent, to almost non existent. Again jmo

Comment

Anyone that thinks prostitution should be legal is on a whole nother level of ridiculous.

Anyone that would participate is a sick puppy.

The things that sex trafficking does and is....wow just wow.

Comment

I thought we were talking about consenting adults. We aren't discussing illegal trafficking.

Ever seen Lonesome Dove? I never thought of ole Gus as a sick puppy. "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough."

Not saying it is right, but all men trade some currency for their female companionship. For some it is doing dishes or taking out the trash. For others it may be a cash transaction. Ain't none of it given out for free

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
          Anyone that thinks prostitution should be legal is on a whole nother level of ridiculous.

Anyone that would participate is a sick puppy.

The things that sex trafficking does and is....wow just wow.
          Yes sir

Comment

LOL.........we still cant have simple thought-provoking civil discussions (wrong or right) on ANY subject on TBH.
            America surely isn't the Netherlands by any means (drugs & prostitution) but don't fool yourselves and say the model does not exist for a small population. It surely is not a perfect model over there but our current system of tax, spend and lock them up sure ain't working...........doubt anyone wants to argue that clear fact that the so-called WAR ON DRUGS is a farce.
            So......... how about a simple civil discussion of what MAY be next in this failing battle against "sex, drugs and rock & roll".......oops gambling!

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              I thought we were talking about consenting adults. We aren't discussing illegal trafficking.

Ever seen Lonesome Dove? I never thought of ole Gus as a sick puppy. "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough."

Not saying it is right, but all men trade some currency for their female companionship. For some it is doing dishes or taking out the trash. For others it may be a cash transaction. Ain't none of it given out for free
              Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

Making it legal does not make it right.

Many of you are living in places were all of your information is 3rd 4th hand at best.

Why dont you leave those high rises and get out from behind your protective circles...find out about the real people that are dealing with addiction and these other vices.

To think that a woman would really want to take your money and allow you to participate and be happy...some of you are really sad souls. You have no idea...then comapre it to TV show or make slight of others thoughts on the subject.

I feel sorry for anyones wife (present or future) that thinks prostitution is ok..it really speaks to their value of her (currently or in the future)

Wow...just wow

Comment

[QUOTE=Death from above

To think that a woman would really want to take your money and allow you to participate and be happy...some of you are really sad souls. You have no idea...[/QUOTE]

Ummm..... Happens everyday. Every heard of ****ography?

Comment

Sidebar: Poverty, Welfare funding and the Poor have been mentioned as places we have spent gobs of taxpayers money..........I surely agree and those areas of HOW we fund those programs should be reviewed and audited much more closely. But in no way do I put those "truly less fortunate" into the category of those that chose to function in drugs, prostitution and gambling. False equivalent at best and disingenuous at worse to compare the two.
                    Mark 14:7
                    7*The poor you will always have with you,[a] and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me.

Comment

It is always dangerous to start using the pros and cons of money/taxes to justify positions on morality.
                      For example, it costs us taxpayers many times more to execute a deserving criminal than it does to incarcerate him for the remainder of his life. Yet most folks on TBH would overwhelmingly support the death penalty.
                      Similarly, it costs society a lot more money to care for and educate an 'unwanted child'. Abortion costs so much less. So, shouldn't abortion be legal to save us lots of money?
                      Those 'consensual crimes' are moral issues that impact society as a whole, not just the perpetrators. Pretending to not to affected because you don't partake in them is naive at best.

Comment

He would probably get sick today with what I see standing on the street corners. Would be interesting I know some it doesnt bother but a large number of them are dudes and look pretty good. I can only imagine the look on Old Gus's face when he grabs a package bigger than his. Would'nt that be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                          It is always dangerous to start using the pros and cons of money/taxes to justify positions on morality.
                          For example, it costs us taxpayers many times more to execute a deserving criminal than it does to incarcerate him for the remainder of his life. Yet most folks on TBH would overwhelmingly support the death penalty.
                          Similarly, it costs society a lot more money to care for and educate an 'unwanted child'. Abortion costs so much less. So, shouldn't abortion be legal to save us lots of money?
                          Those 'consensual crimes' are moral issues that impact society as a whole, not just the perpetrators. Pretending to not to affected because you don't partake in them is naive at best.
                          I have seen morals used in this thread a few times. Heck, alcohol consumption is immoral.....(yea, even beer)......or at least it was at the turn of the 20th Century.......lol! That is where the true issue lies. Legislating morality is a loosing proposition at best but I am all for the folks that want to go down that road.......just saying!

Comment

If you think most of those ladies are "working" because that's what they want to do, you are sadly mistaken. Most of them are forced into prostitution by the dealer because they owe him. He is either pimping her pair directly or has farmed her out to a pimp and the dealer gets a % of the revenue. The problem is the debt never gets paid, the more she engages is shameful behavior the more she uses drugs to numb the pain, the more she is in debt... and cycle continues

Just because she is "of age" and climbed in your car doesent mean she is there consensually. Maybe in the most technical sense of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                              He would probably get sick today with what I see standing on the street corners. Would be interesting I know some it doesnt bother but a large number of them are dudes and look pretty good. I can only imagine the look on Old Gus's face when he grabs a package bigger than his. Would'nt that be cool.
                              TMI brother. Let's not go off on some weird tangent

Now Ms. Lorie, she is a different story. Might make a man question his morals

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                If you think most of those ladies are "working" because that's what they want to do, you are sadly mistaken. Most of them are forced into prostitution by the dealer because they owe him. He is either pimping her pair directly or has farmed her out to a pimp and the dealer gets a % of the revenue. The problem is the debt never gets paid, the more she engages is shameful behavior the more she uses drugs to numb the pain, the more she is in debt... and cycle continues

Just because she is "of age" and climbed in your car doesent mean she is there consensually. Maybe in the most technical sense of the word.
                                Ever seen the show with the Bunny Ranch in NV where it is legal? They go there voluntarily, have to pass drug tests, and pass health tests. Making it legal might be better for all involved. Make it all legal and you take the drug dealer and the pimp out of the equation. I don't partake in either one, but I agree with LR that legislating morality is a losing proposition.

Comment

Working...
                                X