Travel Trailer Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    Curious how you plan to anchor it? I know me I'd get on highway and It'd blow over
    I've got a devil's brew of anchors, straps, and lag bolts. Believe me, i have no luck either. I'm scared to death i'm going get .5 miles down the road and the thing will fall apart in the middle of Loop 820. We'll see...

Comment

Today's effort: Finished framing wheel well, and small wall section. The hole is for a window unit a/c. Anchored walls with straps and anchors, and lag bolts. Managed to get a few ceiling joists / rafters up. Probably would have gotten all the joists up, except for a mid-afternoon run to N. Main BBQ for some ribs.

Anyway...
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good buddy. What are you planning to skin and roof it with?

P.S. I hope you have a plan on how to get that thing back down on the ground after you get the new axle or whatever you decide to do. Sure is getting heavy!

Comment

It's looking like corrugated tin, barn roof metal, for the skin. I'll use thermoply as the sheathing. I'll shingle the roof, Probably once i get it to the lease. I'll probably put temporary plastic on the roof the keep the water out while i finish it. I think the shingles will just add to the transport weight, and it's no longer hot enough to get them to seal at this time of year. They'd just blow off on the highway.

I've got big floor jacks to lift it once finished. I've only got to lift it about 1".

Comment

Its been 10 days since we've seen an update ! Anything happening with this ????

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                Its been 10 days since we've seen an update ! Anything happening with this ????
                Jeez dude, can't a brother take a Saturday to go hunting?

Back to work today. Finished roof / ceiling. Cut in some diagonal steel bracing. Not on a 45 degree angle, but as close as i could get. It may not do much, but it makes me feel better. Strapped joists to top plate. Drilled most of my holes for electrical work. Cornice and deck next. Slow going but progress is progress i suppose.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                  Jeez dude, can't a brother take a Saturday to go hunting?
                  The crack dealer gets no days off ! You get me hooked and then I can't find you !!

Awesome project man.

Comment

This is still not finished!!!!

Just kidding

Comment

Pending weather i ought to have some new pics up tomorrow. Slow going for sure. All manner of reasons / excuses no one is interested in. Just show me the baby...

Comment

Can't wait to see the rest of this project!!

Comment

Well. Mother Nature isn't cooperating today. Had hoped to finish cornice today and get it decked and dried in. Not happening with the rain. I put some thermoply on the roof and covered it with poly to keep the inside as dry as possible. I've got the exterior thermoply on and about half corniced. Once i get it dried in, hopefully over the long weekend coming up, i just need to get the inside wired and tested (i've got to find a helper for that as i am electrically challenged), insulated, cover the walls, install shelving, stain, install some flooring, install electric fixtures, skin it, ... Jeez - i've still got a lot to do. Oh yeah, and hope it rolls.
                          Oh well, it's fun.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                            The crack dealer gets no days off ! You get me hooked and then I can't find you !!

Awesome project man.

Junkies. Geez.

Comment

Starting on mine in January
                              Attached Files

Comment

ok ok ok moving right along !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X