No announcement yet.

# of arrows you practice with??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. This thread was resurrected from 8 years ago! There are some folks who posted on the original thread who we have not heard from in a long time. To answer the question, I shoot no more than 3 at a time. Starting this week and through the season I will shoot one at a time - at a deer target - because it helps my focus for hunting situations

Comment

Holy old thread Batman!

It depends... but on average I shoot 1 pull 1. On occasion I will shoot 2 or 3 in a string.

Comment

I shoot 3 arrows at each pin distance on my bow (20, 30, 40 50 & 60). If my grouping is good then I move back to the next yardage. If my grouping is not good, I stay at that distance til it looks good. Once I hit 60 I start back down to 20. I find that my groupings get way better on 20-30 after having just shot the longer distances. So total I will shoot 30 - 45 shots every session.

Comment

I use 5 and shoot at different bullseyes with each. (I'm a tight wad and ruining two arrows with a Robin Hood got old long ago.)
          I am set at 67#.
          I shoot three sets of 5 because after that I often start getting sloppy as muscles get stressed a bit (I do try to hold the draw for quite a while).

Comment

I shoot 5. Typically 3 rounds each at 20 and 30 and then 2 rounds each at 40 and 50. This close to start of season i will probably back down to 2 or 3 arrows at each distance just to check grouping. Practice 3 times a week on average.

Comment

It depends how I am practicing. Anywhere from 1 to 12. I almost never shoot groups though.

Comment

3 or 4 for me. I always shoot them at the same spot because I love seeing arrows touching each other!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

five

Comment

1 arrow for shots under 50 yards and I switch to 3 arrows for 60 and 70 yard shooting to check my consistency and grouping. I find myself being more accurate and consistent shooting in this manner.

Comment

3, mostly because that's how many we shoot at indoor league.

In one of his videos Rick Welch recommends that once you can shoot a group, go to one only and shoot from a different position and distance each time. How well that works depends on how much land you have that you can shoot on.

Comment

Depends on how many practice arrows I have left. Currently have 2 for practice

Comment

Only 1

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Shipp View Post
                            Only 1
                            Same for me! You only get one shot on an animal most times and one shot at a 3D target. You have to make it count

Comment

2-3

Comment

generally 3 with my 60 pounder, but only 2 with my 75 pounder

Comment

Working...
                                X