Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    So you're the reason we're not getting any rain! At this point, I'm willing to sacrifice your safety to get some rain. Try staying out and working in it tomorrow.[emoji23] Just kidding, but it's looking good! You've probably said it, but I don't remember, what's your projected finish date? On a side note, is this house for the sister you posted in the "hog problem" thread? You might have a lot better luck selling things on here with her being your new neighbor, if so.[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    LOL... No it's not her house. She lives way west of here!

I really wanted to be done before deer season. Yeah that ain't gonna happen! I really hope sometime in October but I've got to get a move on. Been hard managing 2 ranches 14 hrs a day and then coming over here. I will probably have to take a weeks vacation from one to catch up. Probably during }}}}}}}---------->>>>>> Season!

Comment

Got a good soaking today! Based on the forecast it looks like I will have a break from work all wknd. Rain rain and more rain through Sunday. May be a break I'm the rain this afternoon and I can get a little something done.

Comment

Mowed the site and did some dirt work to prepare for porches. Eaves are framed and ready! Rained majority of the day and looks the same for tomorrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

impressive

Comment

Getting it knocked out. Been following along for awhile now. How long do you think it will take to finish?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
              Getting it knocked out. Been following along for awhile now. How long do you think it will take to finish?
              I figured 5 months. I've slacked off a little in the last month. Shooting for October. Deer season gets here I will be slacking off some more!

Comment

Subscribed.
                Thanks for sharing the build.
                Like others, I'm taking notes and you are definitely making it look easier than I'm sure it is.

Comment

Isnt the OSB supposed to go the other way?..8' side laying down, That way it ties in more and makes for a stronger house....

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                    Isnt the OSB supposed to go the other way?..8' side laying down, That way it ties in more and makes for a stronger house....
                    It can go either way. The house is very sturdy!

The OSB I purchased is marked horizontal. I picked up a few pieces from Lowe's and they were marked both ways. Really it doesn't matter everything is tied in.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      It can go either way. The house is very sturdy!

The OSB I purchased is marked horizontal. I picked up a few pieces from Lowe's and they were marked both ways. Really it doesn't matter everything is tied in.
                      your probably right and Ive seen it dont both way, We just always turned it on all the houses we've built.

Comment

Made some progress this evening setting porch post. I also located the previous septic tank! Not in too bad of a location and should be able to work around it. Guessed we saved a little bit of $$$$ not having to have someone come out and locate.

Ordered all decking material and spent $3850. That does not include framing material for roof over porches. Looks like I'm going to bust my original budget of $15k for full shell dried in. That did not include siding. Probably bust it by $2-$3k. Hopefully catch a break along the way with something.

Early pic of this evenings progress. Was able to get majority of the post set.
                        Attached Files

Comment

You are a post hole digging fool, that’s for sure. Good job, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the book in today. Seems pretty informative. I plan on attempting my own shop with covered parking next spring. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking us along
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                              You are a post hole digging fool, that’s for sure. Good job, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Thanks

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              Got the book in today. Seems pretty informative. I plan on attempting my own shop with covered parking next spring. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking us along
                              I need to order another one. I really liked the book. Very good detail with great pics for examples. I had another book as well but 90% of the time this is the one I went to look at what was next.

Thanks for following!

Comment

That's the most beautiful invisible porch I've never seen![emoji23] Looking great, man!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X