burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burning

does anyone know of a website or info on how to do a burn on your property? need to burn 100 acres but don't know how... thx!

Not sure, but I wouldn't even think of burning anything right now.

Comment

Look up on your county website. Info should be in an attachment somewhere on burn ban limits, restrictions and if and when they are lifted.
      If all else fails call the sheriff's department and ask.

Comment

You can get it done by pros in ETexas for around $40 an acre. It's the only way to go, because they have the equipment, the know-how, and most importantly, the liability insurance.

Comment

What Drycreek said X2.

Comment

In East Texas, typically the best time to burn is Feb or March on a cold morning. But Drycreek hit the nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
              In East Texas, typically the best time to burn is Feb or March on a cold morning. But Drycreek hit the nail on the head
              X3. Texas forest serves has a formula that includes temp, humidity, winds, etc. Again, typically done in early spring.

Comment

We did about 60 acres with a pear burner and a four wheeler with a little trailer. BIL drove the wheeler and i ran the burner off of the trailer. Used broom to control patchy fires we didn’t want. Called fire department before hand, and they sat at end of property and watched. Bought them lunch. Worked. Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                  We did about 60 acres with a pear burner and a four wheeler with a little trailer. BIL drove the wheeler and i ran the burner off of the trailer. Used broom to control patchy fires we didn’t want. Called fire department before hand, and they sat at end of property and watched. Bought them lunch. Worked. Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  How much beer did it take to burn 60 acres

Comment

I’m a fireman and we do RX burns quite often with the county. Please do not do it yourself unless you have dozer’s, some sort of Ranger with a pump and skid. Call the local FD, they may be able to point you to someone that can help.

Comment

great advice gang. thank u!!

Comment

I know a couple of RX fire contractors in N. TX. Where are you located?

I've taken part in many prescribed fires during my career with the US Forest Service.

As posted above, contact the Texas Forest Service and ask for assistance.

Comment

the ranch is actually in louisiana... baton rouge area. after reading yalls posts yesterday i contacted the fire dept... thx!!

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
                            the ranch is actually in louisiana... baton rouge area. after reading yalls posts yesterday i contacted the fire dept... thx!!
                            Most timber managers have contacts that can take care of you. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                              How much beer did it take to burn 60 acres
                              Pert near an 18 pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X