No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good time to head out there in this weather?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami View Post
      What's a good time to head out there in this weather?
      Anytime, cold and wet is good all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
        Anytime, cold and wet is good all day.
        thanks for the response! planning on heading out this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Well... I'm not a Rat
          Easy there bossbow"boy" . Rat has been affiliated with some members here (by blood kin) much longer than you have, put on some great hunts with his brother Wildman, serve-n his country hunt-n down bad guys (unlike what you hunt), and helps noobs out get-n outdoors. What have you done for your country lately? Or for noobs? Or for this sight that wasn't for your own personal interest?
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-28-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Been some good hunting weather lately. Misty and foggy days are great. The hogs keep foraging in daylight, and damp grass and brush makes less noise.

Comment

Yep. Pigs all over the place at sore finger. Got me one Friday! 90 pounder

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                Yep. Pigs all over the place at sore finger. Got me one Friday! 90 pounder
                Sore finger is one of the hottest spots in the winter. I'll probably see you out there soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I was out in the San Gabriel unit scouting around and saw lots of good signs but one thing I've noticed everytime I go out there is blinds set up, now I wouldn't be one to mess with anyone's blind as I wouldn't want anyone messing with mine but is there like a unwritten rule yall have hunting out there in someone else's blind that has obviously sat there for quite some time. Also, baiting.....does anybody bait?

Comment

Happy New Year Granger!

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
                      Happy New Year Granger!
                      Congrats, nice pig.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                        Congrats, nice pig.
                        Thanks, credit goes to Navy Chief who recently taught me some mad stalking skillz. From the looks of your pic it was near your 12/15 pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
                          Thanks, credit goes to Navy Chief who recently taught me some mad stalking skillz. From the looks of your pic it was near your 12/15 pig.
                          That was behind Primitive Camp, looks allot like blood weeds by 6 (Florida Point) which I presume was your location.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use unoccupied ground blinds whenever convenient. I usually hunt alone and so am leery of using unoccupied tree blinds.

I have had no luck baiting with hog pipes or buried food; they come after legal hours and have a feast, and are gone before dawn.

I occasionally see timed spin-cast feeders set up. I assume they are effective but I would never leave that much expensive hardware out for the taking.
                            Last edited by NightStalker; 01-02-2018, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Anyone ever go for rabbits out there? And is there zero turkey out there or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh wait let me guess, the hogs clear out the rabbits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X