Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still folowing. Looks awesome so far.

Comment

Could you post on the cost for things so far?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
        Could you post on the cost for things so far?
        I have the advantage of being in the construction business. So, i haven't had to really buy a whole lot. I'll try to add it all up. I'm less than $750 (windows, door, panel box, breakers, wire, switches, lights, wire, decking, T-111, exterior metal, screws). Most of the lumber was either from my father-in-laws old shop, or scrap from work. I've still got some to go, but should be around $1250 - $1400 when it's all said and done. Which, if the thing rolls and doesn't fall apart will be a bargain. If it's too heavy or falls apart going up Hwy 287... Well, i'll be mentioned alongside Mr. Seward.

Comment

I was about to start a project like this. Seeing the pictures, now I'm not so sure!

Comment

After a work induced hiatus that lasted way too long, i'm back on this thing. I can see the end of the road. We're down to putting flooring and base boards down ont eh inside. Then i've got to skin the outside and hope the thing doesn't fall apart when i let down off the blocks, then hope it'll roll to Wilbarger County. I hope to have it finished in the next several weekends. We'll see...

I used 3/8" T-111 siding for the interior walls. Stained w/ pecan stain. and put a couple of coats of polyurethane on the walls. The shelves are a combination of maple plywood, clear white pine, and knotty alder. Material we had left over form a few jobs. I have a big shelf for a microwave, a smaller shelf for a little burner top / griddle. Other shelves for general use.
            Attached Files

Comment

That's something special

Comment

Following

Comment

Looks amazing.

Comment

Dang it son! When you say rebuild, you really mean rebuild.
                    Looks great

Comment

Great Work!!

Comment

Flooring done and bases installed, flashed, etc. for rear flood lights/
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great progress! Lookin good

Comment

Finished the skin on the back wall today. The top panel got a little funky, but all in all, okay i guess. Cut in one piece around the lights and over lapped two panels, then siliconed around the flood light blocks. Should be pretty water tight. I also tarred both wheel wells and put flashing and metal in one of them. I believe these are pretty weather resistant. I also pulled one hub and checked the bearing grease and sanded and repainted the hub.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hub noise help?

As stated above i pulled the hub to check bearing grease and repaint the hub. Originally the hub spun pretty freely, but had a slight metal on metal rubbing noise. I thought i would be smart and remove the hub, lubricate everything, check bearing grease, etc. Well, a little part fell off the back side that i have no idea what it is, or does. When i put the hub back on, it barely turns and makes an awful metal on metal rubbing sound. Any ideas from the GS brothers? I guess i may be looking for new hubs. Any help will be appreciated.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Might be a pin that goes in from the back side of the hub bracket. They have a spring that goes over them with a retainer to hold the brake shoes in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X