Clifton TX Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
    Hopefully DR D will chime in since he lives in Clifton, but I really like Bosque county for both deer and hogs.
    I'm here Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
      I'm here Sparky.
      Didn't figure a thread with Clifton in the title would slide by ya.

Comment

I've been in Clifton my whole life. Who's place and where? The hunting is pretty good around here, as stated above. I also have a tracking dog if y'all need it.
        D

Im hunting through Byron Carlson, I'm not quite sure whether they own it or just run the place but its the Dahl House (Not sure on the spelling). He was talking about the work they have been doing on the land and I offered to come out and help. He called my girlfriend later that day and told us to bring the toys because we might as well hunt while were out there.

I looked up the Dahl House on google and it shows an address for a place smack dab in the middle of town so I dont know if thats wrong or if they own some more land in the area. He's told me about clearing cedar and huge burns in the past and also added that they have feeders set up and running, So it doesnt sound like something that would be right in the middle of town.

I'm hoping to get out there as soon as we have a decent weather weekend. My girlfriend has never been hunting or really had much interest in it so I think this might be a good way to sneak it in and try to spark some interest.
        Last edited by txcntryboy; 12-05-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I know exactly where that's at. You should be good on deer and hogs both. A lot of our hogs are nocturnal but they can be had. That place is on the way out to my house from town.

Comment

Awesome, May have to holler at ya when we make it out there and grab some lunch.

Comment

Sounds good. Pm me or text me 254-495-0252.

Comment

You can't beat bosque county bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
                  You can't beat bosque county bucks.
                  Sssshhhhh! They aren't any bucks in Bosque Co.

Comment

Lol. I live here in Bosque county. And I was just lying about there being any deer here they are in Aquilla.

Comment

I just got back from Bosque County and stopped through Clifton on the way home for a bite to eat. Y'all need to stop at 'Johnny's Place' for some lunch. Some darn good eats right there now.

Comment

Did you eat the buffet, Johnny?

Comment

Did you eat the buffet, Johnny?

Yes sir! Ribs, fried catfish, chicken fried steak and the fixins. We all topped our meal off with some peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream. Now it's back to eating protein shakes and grilled chicken for awhile.

Comment

Sssshhhhh! They aren't any bucks in Bosque Co.

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            I just got back from Bosque County and stopped through Clifton on the way home for a bite to eat. Y'all need to stop at 'Johnny's Place' for some lunch. Some darn good eats right there now.
                            darned good eats at Johnny's, we look forward to breakfast there after a cold morning sit

Comment

I hunt about 20 min. East of Cliffton.
                              I have hogs a plenty!!!! and haven't seen to many deer this year, probably because of the pigs...
                              I know the hunting gets better and better the further West you head out of Hwy 6. i.e. Cliffton and Meridian so you should get a chance at something
                              Last edited by Mac...; 12-05-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post

darned good eats at Johnny's, we look forward to breakfast there after a cold morning sit
                                I'm going to have to try them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X