McGregor vs Mayweather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
    Two things for sure, Mayweather has not been hit as hard as he's about to get hit. And Mayweather will never hit Connor as hard as he's already been hit and not fallen, ie hit by Diaz
    The irish guy will never touch Mayweather, it is a big money grab and will not be much of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      Don't bet a lot.

I cant believe people are paying to watch this live rather than catching the youtube or whatever down the road. There's a WORLD of difference between fighting (MMA) and boxing. This is an amateur BOXING against the best BOXER ever.

In an MMA fight Mayweather wouldn't last 1 minute. This is essentially the same in reverse only Connor will last a lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        The irish guy will never touch Mayweather, it is a big money grab and will not be much of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          My money is on the Irish.
          Wanna put some more on him?

Comment

Mayweather is past his prime and made a critical mistake in conceding to the use of 8 oz gloves.

Option A: McGregor is going to starch him (hit him so hard he goes stiff and tips over). I'd say this is a somewhat likely outcome given that the Irishman has that kind of power and has a very unconventional approach to boxing, which may throw Mayweather off just enough.

Option B: Mayweather is going to play his usual game and run laps around the ring while trying to make the occasional strike for points. If Mayweather wins, this will be how he does it. Unfortunately for him, McGregor is in his prime, is in incredible shape, and knows how to fight aggressively.

Sure. If this goes exactly to Mayweather's plan, he'll likely win. Unfortunately, we'll never know the extent to which Mayweather has forced things to go as planned, or how much corruption in boxing had to do with it. It's pretty obvious that boxing has a history of pumping mediocre fighters' records to get them a "title shot" where they get the brakes beaten off of them, and that some great boxers are talked into "dropping a weightclass" where they don't compete as well because they aren't healthy at that weight, while another fighter who might not be as good takes full advantage of that absence in the original weight class.

My money is on the guy from the sport where the owner tells the fighters never to leave it up to the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
              Mayweather is past his prime and made a critical mistake in conceding to the use of 8 oz gloves.

Option A: McGregor is going to starch him (hit him so hard he goes stiff and tips over). I'd say this is a somewhat likely outcome given that the Irishman has that kind of power and has a very unconventional approach to boxing, which may throw Mayweather off just enough.

Option B: Mayweather is going to play his usual game and run laps around the ring while trying to make the occasional strike for points. If Mayweather wins, this will be how he does it. Unfortunately for him, McGregor is in his prime, is in incredible shape, and knows how to fight aggressively.

Sure. If this goes exactly to Mayweather's plan, he'll likely win. Unfortunately, we'll never know the extent to which Mayweather has forced things to go as planned, or how much corruption in boxing had to do with it. It's pretty obvious that boxing has a history of pumping mediocre fighters' records to get them a "title shot" where they get the brakes beaten off of them, and that some great boxers are talked into "dropping a weightclass" where they don't compete as well because they aren't healthy at that weight, while another fighter who might not be as good takes full advantage of that absence in the original weight class.

My money is on the guy from the sport where the owner tells the fighters never to leave it up to the judges.
              I'll take option B for $500.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                I can't stand him either but this is straight up boxing and at best an amateur against probably the best technical boxer ever. There's always a lucky shot but my money wouldn't go on that

Could be the final nail in the coffin for boxing if their best loses to an amateur though
                Yes sir, I agree

Comment

Conner wins by knock out before the 3rd round

Comment

[QUOTE=Slow&Steady;12659947]Mayweather is past his prime and made a critical mistake in conceding to the use of 8 oz gloves.

My money is on the guy from the sport where the owner tells the fighters never to leave it up to the judges.[/QUOTE
                    Option B please

Comment

Mayweather takes a dive because he bet a boat load on McGregor when odds were 8-1 and will easily pay his taxes and then some paired with what this fight will bring in.

He also bought the rights to 49-1, what his record would be considering a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Mayweather takes a dive because he bet a boat load on McGregor when odds were 8-1 and will easily pay his taxes and then some paired with what this fight will bring in.

He also bought the rights to 49-1, what his record would be considering a loss.
                        LOL. The first part would be brilliant.

Comment

Money. That's all.

Comment

I am going to go on a limb and say a boxer boxing has the advantage over someone who has to pin or kick to win.
                            I will watch on YouTube and not pay to watch

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                              Two things for sure, Mayweather has not been hit as hard as he's about to get hit. And Mayweather will never hit Connor as hard as he's already been hit and not fallen, ie hit by Diaz
                              Nate diaz is not a power puncher. He's a volume puncher. And Canelo Alvarez most likely hits harder than Connor, can't say for sure, neither have hit me.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                                Nate diaz is not a power puncher. He's a volume puncher. And Canelo Alvarez most likely hits harder than Connor, can't say for sure, neither have hit me.
                                I would bet Canelo does hit harder

Comment

Working...
                                X