• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunting Consult View Post
    Just a 6 gal feed pan
    Yep I like the smaller pans as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
      Here is a water source I just put in with a 300 gallon tank. The picture was taken the same night I put it out.
      http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/53f25944.jpg
      http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/6ddb08c4.jpg
      http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/1215b11f.jpg
      Where did you get the old fertilizer container?

Comment

My wifes uncle gets them for the ranch. This one wasnt being used so I put it to good use.

Comment

Okay, here is my new setup, inspired by the TBH brotherhood... It is a Roundup tote (275 gal), sitting on two crossties. I did not paint it for the camo effect, but rather to keep the sun off the plastic as it will last MUCH longer that way. The trough is a 17" x 22" x 9" pan I made here at work, and it has a ramp so any critters that fall in can get out instead of dying in there. It is 1/2" thick polypropylene cut and welded together. We build water and foam tanks for fire trucks, and I welded it together out of scrap. Regular old stock tank float valve, plumbed in with 3/4" pvc. I use a second tote to haul the water in, 1/2 a load at a time. 2" hose and it gravity dumps pretty quick. My BIL's shop is just about a mile away so it is no big deal just getting half a load at a time.

Gonna use it to drip irrigate some trees next summer also to keep them from dying the first couple of years.

I put one of my cameras up over it, so hopefully I will have some pics when I run it this weekend.

Comment

I finally went back and checked on mine. Had pics of a javelina and a couple mule deer (a spike and a doe) but didn't have my computer with me to download the pics. Next time I go I'll probably switch out the card so I can post them.

Comment

nice work jethro

Comment

I use a similar setup with the 275# totes and a 24" of 10" PVC citting the top 1/2 out and leaving enough PVC to cover the float. it works great.

Comment

Thanks to raiderbowhunter I was able to get a couple of totes and put out by the feeders. Here is my setup:

and here are a couple of pixs with deer -- took them a total of about 3hrs to find it and use it.

I have two totes and did not have much luck with gravity flow to fill the one in the field so I went to acadamey and got this biluge pump. It takes about 15 mins to transfer water. works great.

Good luck with your set up.

Eddie
                  Attached Files

Comment

I may have to check into doing this myself. Looks like a good way to go.

Comment

I have to try this. Good ideas here.

Comment

good ideas

Comment

Neat

Comment

Nice...love the creativity.

Comment

thats a nice pic of a sneaky coon

Comment

Yall have a nice set up i wished thatb i didnt have water on my place so i could rig up one. It looks fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X