Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.5 or older

Comment

Just wondering, on people that say 3.5 what are you looking at? Give us some feedback...

This sight has been invaluable on learning deer these last 3/4 years I've been on. I love these threads. I've definitely been wrong before lol. I personally have a 3.5 yr old that I and many would call 4.5 at times but I for sure know he 3 bc of his ear and he has grown up there.

I see a pretty solid neck for early September, the face isn't long. It's blocky. Usually when they get as wide as they are long they are getting some age. I see some shoulder hump. Profile shows a full bodied belly and rounded hips and everything with his rack says mature.. (Not that I go on the rack much, but it is a characteristic that adds to my thought process on aging a deer)
      Looks like a stud to me. If he showed up on my place I would guess 4.5-5.5, leaning towards 5.5.. Just a gut feeling. Great deer and keep us posted on him

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Im not seeing 3.5 at all. He looks 4.5 for sure now. In several more weeks he may look more like 5.5 once his neck and shoulders fill in leading up to the rut.

I agree. Was also wondering is this was a Texas buck or somewhere else? Nice buck BTW.

Comment

Oklahoma deer.

Comment

I would put this deer at least 4.5

In the daylight pic he looks young but the night pictures he looks mature.
            Attached Files

Comment

3-3.5 I think

Comment

Same body type as your first deer.

Comment

Yeah I'd say 3.5 year old deer

Comment

Working...
                  X