First Bow Buck & Bobcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bow Buck & Bobcat

I don't even know where to start. To say I'm a proud Dad would be an understatement.
    We take our boys to South Texas every year to hunt a buddy's ranch in Old Frio Town.
    I usually do a live hunt. For no specific reason, this year I didn't. Man do I regret it. It would have been my best live hunt yet.
    A short recap of events.
    Arrive Monday evening. Bryce shoots his first bobcat. Tuesday evening my youngest, Talen shoots his first ever bobcat. Got video of the whole thing. Also got a video of Bryce shooting his first turkey, bow kill.
    This morning my BIL shot his biggest buck to date.
    It has been a very eventful couple of days. But the grand finale was Bryce getting his first bow kill. This has been a long time coming. Over the last 5 years there have been several missed opportunities, several misses, 2 bad shots, 1 nap with a buck in the corn pile, (game cameras don't lie), and a very frustrated teenager.
    He never gave up. He put up with my lectures and constructive criticism. He has definitely put his time in on the stand and it paid off today.
    I literally fought back tears today as I watched & filmed him smoke this buck and I couldn't be more proud of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome
    Waydago on all fronts!

Comment

Nice work! Congrats-

Comment

Awesome- congrats, young man.

Comment

That's awesome!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats again to Bryce for getting it done! He will be showing you up soon!!!

Comment

Awesome...

Comment

Great stuff! Congrats.

Comment

Awesome kills
                  Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Man what a trip! I bet Bryce is floating all the way home! Now there'll be a big buck contest between him and T forever lol.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to Bryce on his bowkill and all the successful hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                            That's awesome! Congrats again to Bryce for getting it done! He will be showing you up soon!!!
                            Thanks! I hope he does.

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                            Man what a trip! I bet Bryce is floating all the way home! Now there'll be a big buck contest between him and T forever lol.
                            The smack talking never ends!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X