No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a beauty of a classic ScottsBluff I. I have a few I need to photograph.... I also agree on the blade not being old. It is weird how it is surface ground though. Its a pretty point anyway.

Comment

Man Garguy we need to share a campfire some time! Or I need to book a hunt with you. Send me a PM about your gator hunts when you get the chance.

Comment

Checking in - still awesome

Comment

...and I would be happy finding just one arrow head!
          Wow, Very impressive GarGuy!!!!

Can we get this as a STICKY?

Comment

Cool Thread

Comment

Caught up.

Digging the follow along!

Comment

I sure would love to come help and watch what you are doing, where you are doing it and how you are doing it to learn? Our place in south texas has the Nueces River running through it and there has to be sites there? I just have no idea where to begin? Please keep posting more on this! Good Luck!

Comment

Yep there are good sites all along the nueces.

Im about finished with the gator hunt. We have been after a giant but he hasnt taken a bait so far. We pulled the lines today and went to another spot with a couple of nice lizzards. The lady killed a decent 9fter. We put out hooks for tonight. If we dont nhave one in the morning, I am gonna let the fellow shoot one so we can wrap this up and let me get back to DIGGING! Im having withdrawals!

Comment

Put a leash on one of them big gators and teach him to dig!

Comment

I've only found one arrowhead. I was hunting down by Turkey,Tx and just happened to look down and see it laying alond a dry creek bed. It was perfect. Somehow I lost it while moving. Maybe I'll find another one someday.

Comment

Heading out to dig about 5pm. Im READY!

Comment

looking forward to the pics, Happy Hunting

Comment

I too am looking forward to your hard work and pics. I'll be sitting right here by the AC waiting. It won't be near as exciting as what your doing though. Good hunting.

Comment

WHOOO HOOOOOOO! Finally got out there and started digging about 630pm. Was still digging way down off the main site tto complete my drainage. The first couple of buckets didnt show much and I was really wanting to dig somewhere else but i knew i needed to clean this spot up so it would drain. Next buck got me about 4ft deep and i saw an obvious pile of ancient charcoal. I put that bucket in the sifter and went back and got another bucket of the same material. I killed the loader and walked to the sifter to see what was showing. as i walked up, Dad grabbed a long sleek Plainview from the screen and handed it to me still coated in dirt! I quickly washed it and he asked if it was damaged. NO IT WASNT!!!! It was flawless except the base wasnt perfectly symetrical! It is so thin that you can see through it and some of the best ancient workmanship i have ever seen.
                              After a little celebration, we started digging again and found several more really nice whole points although most were shallower than the Plainview. These came from dirt I didnt even want to sift!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Incredible! Love this stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X