No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more pixels from this weekend, from a comparison standpoint this years rainfall has turned the LRGNWR into a jungle, the game did not have to move much for browse and water had turned many previous areas into swamps.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI01335.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	24419712

Name:	DJI01328.JPG
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	24419713
    Two years ago the same hunt most grasses were dead or dying and browse was thin. We did encounter a group of "travelers" coming through the area on our way out, I really don't think they were bowhunters!

Name:	IMG_7296.JPG
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	24419714

Comment

I enjoyed the hunt, Staley. Great time even though the game was scarce.
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I really want to do this hunt next year. I recently picked up bow hunting and it has quickly become my obsession.

Comment

I have a shotgun hunt this weekend on the refuge East Lake Tract. Has anyone hunted on East Lake and if so what spot do u recommed I hunt to kill something. I went to scout the area and it appears it is going to be one tough hunt.

Comment

Just a little green this time isn't it!!!

Comment

really green with high grass thick brush.

Comment

Set ups ready at Teniente,

Comment

This was the first hunt I'd ever stayed on stand all day. 13 hours a day and it never got old knowing one of those beautiful blue bulls could stroll by at anytime.

Good luck, BB!
                  Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Border Bandit, I went about two years ago to East Lake. I didn't get anything but a friend shot a doe and we helped a Custom's guy bring out a bull. Here is my number 956-793-2755. I can give you the rundown on the area. Herb

Comment

Headed that way now to setup this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                        This was the first hunt I'd ever stayed on stand all day. 13 hours a day and it never got old knowing one of those beautiful blue bulls could stroll by at anytime.

Good luck, BB!
                        Thanks,

Comment

Yesterday was the last day of the Teniente bow hut, although I did not harvest anything, it was fun to be with friends and the outdoors. Saw several bucks, some does and a few nelgi. The majority were too fat to shoot. The last evening I had a shot at a nelgi and just missed under him. Oh well next year. It was fun!!

Comment

Hey coachwhip how'd you get those pics ... ? Drone ? Those are cool pics ... Headed back out to tenientes with a buddy in about a month or so for the exotic rifle hunt .. Anyone else get drawn for that ?

Comment

No everybody hates drones, I snuck in and tied my gopro to the cropdusters plane! Good luck on the rifle hunt I'm jealous!

Comment

Was anyone successful at Tenieente? Anyone, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X