Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub venison for beef? Anyone else do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We eat straight venison for our red meat until it runs out. Roasts, steaks, spaghetti, meatloaf, and whatever else you can do with red meat. Actually grilled up some sand hill crane tonight.

We rarely buy meat at the store until our freezer is empty. Even 2-3 deer won't last all year, but it goes a long way. At least keeps the grocery bill down for a while.

Comment

The only ground meat we eat is venison. God's gift.

Comment

We eat almost no store bought red meat. Maybe a bit a chicken here and there if I don't kill a bunch of turkeys and pheasants. We seem to always have a variety of game meats in the freezer.

Comment

About the only venison we eat is ground and some sausage, really like the ground, it is healthy and good, as far as a steak, only med rare beef for me, well unless you are talking chicken fried, venison tenderized back straps chicken fried is very hard to beat.

Comment

On just about everything!
            Attached Files

Comment

90 percent of our meat is wild. We try to kill enough to fill out freezers every year.
              Between
              Deer
              Ducks
              Squirrels
              Rabbits
              Geese
              Pheasent
              Dove
              And quail we pretty much have our meat taken care of. And not to mention when I get to go kill a Nilgai every now and then.

Comment

We eat them both....No preference....and no keeping up with how much we eat. It just depends what we are in the mood for that week. Rarely have any straight venison left over.

Also much of our venison goes into sausage, hunters sticks, bacon burger and jerky. The wife is a deer jerky junky, as am I.

Comment

We eat venison 95% of the time..

Comment

I'd say 90% of the meat we eat is venison. If the wife makes meatloaf we'll mix 1 pound of venison with 1 pound of beef, I typically do the same for burgers just to get some fat in there.

Comment

I don't spend $20/year on beef! I live on deer meat, chicken, pork, and fish.

Bisch

Comment

Did it tonight with lettuce wraps

Comment

Made axis steaks tonight. I only eat Whitetail, Axis, or Wild Pork. Can't remember the last time I myself bought beef

Comment

I haven't bought a pack of ground meat in 5 years. I will buy some prime ribeyes from time to time but that's it.

Comment

90 percent or more of our red meat is deer.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not bought any ground beef since the 80's. As far as red meat, I mainly eat venison and very little beef at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X