F150 Crew Under Seat Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a 2018 Super Crew last summer and my Husky storage box from the 2011 I traded in didn’t really work with the newer model. I just couldn’t bring myself to paying $180 for a new Husky box so I decided to try something different. I was able to pick up a Pelican Vault rifle case for less than $100 and got to work.

This is the factory “box”. Basically a piece of plastic bolted to the two seat frames.

I removed that as shown.

I had to make a spacer piece that bolted to all seat frames. This is all 3/4 MDF sprayed with bed liner paint. This recreated the factory box, gave me something to attach the rifle case to, and provides a spacer for the lid to clear everything when opening.

I took the two straps from the old Husky box and put a grommet in each. This allowed me to bolt to the rifle case with 1/4” hardware.

Here is the box all installed. I still need to organize and put rest of the tools in my truck but thinking I am going to like this better than the Husky box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ohio Darin; 06-24-2019, 06:49 PM.

That's pretty cool. I have zero storage under my back seat. Does the seat rest on the case? Looks like it is at a pretty good angle. I'd be worried I would break the case with my heavy a55.

Comment

Or you could scatter stuff back there like a mad woman’s sh*+

I like your solution better

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
        That's pretty cool. I have zero storage under my back seat. Does the seat rest on the case? Looks like it is at a pretty good angle. I'd be worried I would break the case with my heavy a55.

It barely touches but I jumped up and down on the seat and it didn’t mark the bottom of the seat. If I took the rubber pad out from underneath it probably wouldn’t touch. I’m usually solo in my truck and keep my back seats up so it won’t be an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
            Slick.
            Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Or you could scatter stuff back there like a mad woman’s sh*+

I like your solution better

Thanks!
            Last edited by Ohio Darin; 06-25-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X