This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    I still think it only has to do with permission, schools can’t be blocked.

Still sit unless grad transfer, if you’re a grad transfer you don’t have to sit.

Beginning in October, Division I student-athletes will have the ability to transfer to a different school and receive a scholarship without asking their current

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    10-4. That's not as bad but certainly not ideal. I'm not sure where I got the idea they didn't have to sit, thanks for clarification!

Comment

2018 CFB Fall Camp Thread

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Meh, 2018 they finished first in 11 of the top 15 recruits in Texas.

They know what they are doing. It's a small class.

Not taking anything away from the 2018 class but Herman had help. Sumlin was dead man walking and Stoops fortuitously stepped down. It was made easier when your two main rivals could be negatively recruited. With Riley looking like a formidable foe and Jimbo not going anywhere, it won’t be as easy to cherry pick. Herman will need to start winning more games this year. Jimbo will likely get the benefit of the doubt this year. But his honeymoon won’t last long either. Riley (albeit with Bob Stoops’ recruits) is already winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 08-08-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        Not taking anything away from the 2018 class but Herman had help. Sumlin was dead man walking and Stoops fortuitously stepped down. It was made easier when your two main rivals could be negatively recruited. With Riley looking like a formidable foe and Jimbo not going anywhere, it won’t be as easy to cherry pick. Herman will need to start winning more games this year. Jimbo will likely get the benefit of the doubt this year. But his honeymoon won’t last long either. Riley (albeit with Bob Stoops’ recruits) is already winning.

No doubt, this area could get crazy if all three are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          Alabama, it's coaches, and the REC already working the system

Ale Kaho (5* ILB) signed his 2018 LOI to play at Washington. He never enrolled and due to personal reasons, claims he wanted to be closer to home in Nevada. Peterson released Kaho from his LOI 2 days ago, and the kid immediately commits to ALA. Tosh Lopi and the REC had to be in communication with this kid advising a scholarship would soon be available. Kaho is illegible to play immediately and does not have to sit

Crazy how ALA loses 3 LB's in July (quit, injury, kicked off team) and Kaho just fills right in. Is it tampering ?? Who knows, but I can assure you ALA will never get caught with their hand in the cookie jar ... to much $$$ and power.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ng-to-alabama/

That’s a little different and rather sketchy

New rule doesn’t apply until October

Comment

You have to win at Texas. It's not rocket science.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              I may be wrong, but I thought they didn't have to sit a year anymore?

It is going to be different. BAMA has one or two OL transferring and I believe they can go ahead and play. One or both to UT.

They still had to sit a year regardless of where they transferred(grad transfers excluded) before the new rule. That was a pretty big deterrent for a lot of kids. Now they won't have to or inform anyone of their intentions. Transfers are going to exponentionally skyrocket imo. The majority of coaches are not on board with it.
              I was in favor of the “if you graduated” part of it but not so much the undergraduates transferring out.

Comment

Voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                  It is going to be different. BAMA has one or two OL transferring and I believe they can go ahead and play. One or both to UT.

I was in favor of the “if you graduated” part of it but not so much the undergraduates transferring out.

To the ugly neon orange UT where they’ve also forgotten how to win?

Last edited by Chad C; 08-08-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    To the ugly orange UT where they’ve also forgotten how to win?

Too vague

Comment

Too vague
                      Touche . . Lol

Comment

Also and UT seemed obvious connections.

Tough for some I suppose.

Comment

I’m just ready for some football! Can’t wait for Saturday’s in the fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                            I’m just ready for some football! Can’t wait for Saturday’s in the fall!

Amen

Comment

Preach, men...preach on!

Gimme that first <50 degree north breeze...

Comment

Did you get all the practice reports for today D Mo?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X