Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol kolache dorks.

Comment

Two of my daughters work at the Kountry Bakery here in Hallettsville. We were quickly educated when we moved here on the difference between kolaches and "pigs." It took some time for me to get used to ordering a "cheesy pig". I wasn't convinced somebody wasn't playing a trick on me.

We finally had to forbid the girls from bringing home beg boxes of leftover pigs, kolaches, donuts and even an occasional pie EVERY NIGHT!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        My first experience with a “kolache” was when I was about 8-9 we hunted a place in Beeville and would drive down 59 through Hilljie on our way. We always stopped at Hilljie smokehouse and got loads of stuff but my favorite was always the Turkey Jerky and a Kolache. These Kolaches we bread squares filled with fruit and crumble on top. I always got a Apricot one if they had one. Years went by and one day heard the term kolache and I was very excited to get one but was disappointed when I realized it was what I knew as a pig in blanket. Ever since, kolache has been a PIB and very seldom have I ever seen another “fruit kolache”. My mouth is watering thinking about the Hilljie smoke house right now, why did I have to read this thread...
        Praseks, best I've had as well. FWIW they have one in Sealy on I 10 now also.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
          Praseks, best I've had as well. FWIW they have one in Sealy on I 10 now also.
          Ah yes Praseks, now I remember. That’s cool, I have a slight memory of what it was before, small counter for the baked goods and then they did the renovations to the big store. Been a long long time since I’ve been down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Two of my daughters work at the Kountry Bakery here in Hallettsville. We were quickly educated when we moved here on the difference between kolaches and "pigs." It took some time for me to get used to ordering a "cheesy pig". I wasn't convinced somebody wasn't playing a trick on me.

We finally had to forbid the girls from bringing home beg boxes of leftover pigs, kolaches, donuts and even an occasional pie EVERY NIGHT!
            THE man has been educated by the best, and has spoken.

Close this thread!

Comment

Greens

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                If y'all are going through Centerville there is a new Czech bakery at 45 north and Hwy 7. If you turn east on 7 the driveway/road is just a block or so down on the right:

Broken Star Bakery
                Yup, real nice family too! She's a hard worker and they've opened up on off hours to support the local sports teams - good stuff - Czech them out sometime if you're in the area

Comment

kolache shop in clute is the best on jalapeno sausage cheese kolaches gaurenteed

Comment

If y'all are going through Centerville there is a new Czech bakery at 45 north and Hwy 7. If you turn east on 7 the driveway/road is just a block or so down on the right:

Broken Star Bakery
                    not to derail the thread but have you tried the new bbQ place next door since they opened the big new shop? (I haven't but going up next weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I have never seen grown men get so worked up over a small square of bread, sugar, fruit filling and weenies...
                      but have you seen them get worked up over a rainbow poop emoji?

Comment

If Mexicans can order cerveza and tamales, by golly, I want pivo and kolaches.

There aint much of the Czech culture left. I'm gonna hang on to whatever I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                          Yup, real nice family too! She's a hard worker and they've opened up on off hours to support the local sports teams - good stuff - Czech them out sometime if you're in the area
                          They recently bought the land that borders one of my fences.

Comment

They recently bought the land that borders one of my fences.
                            You're behind the store?

Comment

No they bought the property across the street from the broken Star Ranch which is adjacent to my property. 10 miles east of Centerville

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
                                I like the Kolaches from Greens Sausage house in Zabcikville,Tx outside of temple!
                                Yup these are good

Comment

Working...
                                X