No announcement yet.

Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a ton of time to take mornings off before work...I may try doing weekday hunts and pass on the weekend crowds when duck season gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
      Nice....I just ordered a 22LR suppressor today. Should be a fun squirrel gun. I haven't been on since the last time I commented.

As for duck huntin lavon, do the guys in boats seem to be able to get further away and back than the guys who walk in or is there still a feeling of being crowded when you have a boat?
      Boat and walking in is no comparison. LOL can't get to where I am walkin

Comment

Nice....I just ordered a 22LR suppressor today. Should be a fun squirrel gun. I haven't been on since the last time I commented.

As for duck huntin lavon, do the guys in boats seem to be able to get further away and back than the guys who walk in or is there still a feeling of being crowded when you have a boat?
        No 22's. Only legal equipment on Corp land is archery and shot gun.

Comment

I'd like to put a group together to duck hunt if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
            I’m in but have never hunted duck. Found an awesome spot I think today in unit 13 off of Andrew Drive but home owners this evening when I tried to go dove hunting said the electricity easement was not a right of way to get to core land and I was trespassing. He said he used to not mind but people were littering and pooping on road! Unit 14 looks like some possible spots too. Still trying to cash in on some dove! Been out 5 Times this week and brought nothing home.

Comment

Apparently I can’t PM you for duck hunt due to not having posted 15 messages yet. Can you PM your number?

Comment

I'd be down depending on the day. I live in Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  No 22's. Only legal equipment on Corp land is archery and shot gun.
                  Gotcha...still have my saiga 410(my only 410) unless there's some kind of restriction on magazine fed shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                    Boat and walking in is no comparison. LOL can't get to where I am walkin
                    Okay just curious how crowded the harder to reach places were. Considering picking up a small jon for duck season, being so close to the lake and all.

Comment

I see a bunch of public land for dove. Any one interested in a hunt over there?

This is the closest to my house. https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...ntyComplex.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Jbennett5 View Post
                        Stopped by the Main Lake Lavon Office today. They said late change on no hog hunting due to unsure if it was going to make it into rule book in time for deer season. Absolutely no hog hunting until January 19th!! This is due to poaching! I agree with above I think it’s crap that the illegal hunters are affecting us law abiding hunters! I came across hogs today could have some sausage in my freezer for fall! Thinking about starting a petition! Not enough deer on corps land to hunt but enough deer there to have a large enough poaching?!?? How come me everytime I go by lake office they are there hanging out instead of patrolling?
                        I have no doubt there were some toads toted out of there that some of us will never know about. Have no this is all politics and local bordering landowners that deer hunt pushing for this.

Comment

Went out last week and found a ton of brass on corps land. It was .308 and .45 Auto.

Comment

I see a bunch of public land for dove. Any one interested in a hunt over there?

This is the closest to my house. https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...ntyComplex.pdf
                            Have you seen dove on there. Have to buy a $48 public walk in hunting permit to hunt there. Was thinking about it since no luck on corps land with dove

Comment

Originally posted by Jbennett5 View Post
                              Have you seen dove on there. Have to buy a $48 public walk in hunting permit to hunt there. Was thinking about it since no luck on corps land with dove
                              I pay the $48 for duck hunting local WMAs anyways. May as well use it in more than one place. I went by there Friday...actually finally picked up my Lavon hunt permit then went out there. Saw one dove while I was driving around though it was midday. I think itd be worth sitting on a bucket for a morning. I know of some good spots I think I want to try not sure if they'd work for dove or not.

Comment

following.. hunting type 2 land a few times with no luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X