Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
    I hunt duck hunt Lavon. Put the hurt on some Teal this season.

Man, I was in the wrong spot. Were you in a surface drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the USACE booklet for hunting land this year, it said that hog hunting will not be permitted on Lavon during the archery and general deer season

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface4848 View Post
        In the USACE booklet for hunting land this year, it said that hog hunting will not be permitted on Lavon during the archery and general deer season

That doesn’t sound right...you have a source/website we can see?

Comment

Why wouldnt it be allowed during gen deer if they dont allow you to hunt deer there?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            That doesn’t sound right...you have a source/website we can see?
            Doesn't sound right, but I wouldn't be surprised. If it is true, I wonder if it will put a stop to my squirrel hunting?

Comment

I was told this by a gentleman working at the corps office in Lavon. The lady issuing permits said she didn't know about it either, but the man said that TPWD might of put a provision against hunting for hog during deer season at Lavon. I am new to this site and am using mobile, so forgive me i don't know how to add the pdf file, but id you go the huntig page on the lavon corps website there will be a link to fort worth district USACE hunting guide, and if you scroll down to lake Lavon in bold you can confirm this.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                I hunt duck hunt Lavon. Put the hurt on some Teal this season.
                I am wanting to go duck hunting for first time ever if anyone wouldn’t mind me tagging along. One of the doctors at my hospital brought some up last Christmas and it was delicious.

Comment

Page 14: Feral Hogs: In Hunting Areas 6-13, Smooth Bore Shotguns (Slugs only) and archery
                  may be used, in all other Hunting Areas-Bow and crossbow only. Hunting is 24
                  hours. Spotlighting is not allowed; however, the use of artificial light to light up
                  stationary hunting area is allowed. Spotlighting is the use of an artificial light source
                  to locate Wildlife. Feral hog hunting will not be allowed in all areas during
                  archery and general deer season dates as noted for Collin County.

Comment

If I'm reading it right, this is only for hogs. All other game you could normally hunt can still be hunted during archery and general deer season.

Comment

I guess I'm down to scouting for duck spots now.

Comment

Well that sucks about hogs. I just got my slug shotgun all rigged up with truglo red dot sight. Now have to wait until end of year. PM would like to go duck scouting and dove hunting if can find area.

Comment

You dont have to wait...just can't do Lavon.

Comment

That sucks! Durn surrounding land owners don't want anyone messing with their deer. Luckily for me, it says hog hunting. So when it cools down a bit, me and my granddaughter will be after them squirrels.

Comment

Glad I saw this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X