No announcement yet.

New lease and rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some places the lease manager/boss doesn't pay but that always bothers me just a little although I am sure it can be justified in some cases. I manage our lease and everything is community and all common expenses (lease fee, feeders, feed, stands, electricity, water etc) are shared equally as is the work. We are all close friends and co-workers so this works for us. As a lease manager I just don't think I do enough to warrant the others paying my spot. I guess my only responsibilities are to to act as go between the members and land owner, collect fees & pay land owner, resolve any issues that may arise and insure members are reimbursed for their expenses by the rest of us.

What do other lease managers do that warrants their spot being paid by the membership?

Comment

6 adults hunting off of 2 spots . As long as they are limited to the same allotment per paid spot . You should be able to do the same if the occasion arises

Comment

Originally posted by Huntsman27 View Post
        I know some places the lease manager/boss doesn't pay but that always bothers me just a little although I am sure it can be justified in some cases. I manage our lease and everything is community and all common expenses (lease fee, feeders, feed, stands, electricity, water etc) are shared equally as is the work. We are all close friends and co-workers so this works for us. As a lease manager I just don't think I do enough to warrant the others paying my spot. I guess my only responsibilities are to to act as go between the members and land owner, collect fees & pay land owner, resolve any issues that may arise and insure members are reimbursed for their expenses by the rest of us.

What do other lease managers do that warrants their spot being paid by the membership?

I had a guy on another forum threaten me with death when I brought up others paying his dues and the justification behind it. They are in South Texas so I am sure it isn't a 2-3 Gs lease but lots more.

I don't know maybe some can chime in as lease bosses and clarify. But again if you want on the lease how or who gets paid is not the issue I guess.

Comment

Gonna guess that all of those guests don't have to hunt with the paying member either?? If not it's not truly a 8 hunter lease. IMO guests need to hunt with paying member especially on a community blind deal.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
            6 adults hunting off of 2 spots . As long as they are limited to the same allotment per paid spot . You should be able to do the same if the occasion arises
            Helll dude I am Mexican. Do you really know how many familia I could put on a lease if it was open invite?

Comment

I'd pass on a place like that . With them living close I'd bet way more deer come off that place than what's reported..

Comment

Paying part or all of the lease boss's is not a deal breaker to me but all the extra hunters not paying anything would be a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Nope, nope, nope. Mid to early 20’s men should be paying for their own spots, not bumming off of other people. I wouldn’t like letting anyone sit and kill whatever out of my stand if I’m not there either.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of non revenue hunting traffic that you would be supporting. Would not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Hunters payin for the lease boss is crazy. Unless hes keeping batteries and feed in my feeders all year. Not to mention bringing 3 more for free.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      yep...you're not paying for the lease boss, you're paying for the lease boss +2 (or +3 or +4 or +5...)

as soon as I saw "Community blinds" I knew there would be a catch...
                      while they might be great for some folks, they have never worked out for me...
                      as soon as I see "Community blinds" in an ad, I move on...

Comment

As someone else said If the guests HAD to sit with the Paying member it may be OK. But you know that isn't the case.
                        I can guarantee you that every single Weekend or Holiday you aren't there there is someone in your blind. Since you pay for the lease boss and another guy brings his 2 sons that brings the total to 6 adult hunters for 1 paid spot. Is that right?

Comment

You lost me at shared blinds.

And when did in-laws become immediate family?

Kiddos under 18 bring anytime you want. And if they are in trade school or college bring all you want as well. But once they are on their own and into their career, they can come a few times as a guest, they hunt your blind, and there needs to be a limit on how many times they can come.

Comment

I prefer community blinds. I hate the same scenery on every hunt. On the Junction property, we have 16 stands with 12 members and will be adding some bow friendly spots this upcoming work weekend. The only guest policy that seems to work in my experience is any paid member is welcome to bring any 1 guest they want and that guest must be in the same blind with paid member. Any guest harvest comes from paid member allotment. I would laugh if a lease manager wanted us to pay their spot. The feed-store fills all feeders for us and we each get a bill for our share.

On our Fredericksburg place it is pretty much a free for all because we are all family, and after bow season only 1-2 folks may be there on a given weekend.

Comment

I left a good lease hunting wise due to community stands.

Comment

Be glad they are honest about the $ and other details.

Comment

Working...
                                X