No announcement yet.

SHOT SHow 2018 Night Vison & Thermal Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno how I missed this thread. Thanks for the updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post

No they aren't and that was the very first question I asked as soon as I picked it up. I was very concerned about that because I usually have to make that adjust on binos but these actually seemed just fine. I'm sure it will be a small annoyance to some people though. I'll know more after I get my first unit in and do some testing.

The image quality was amazing, even on the XQ model. There is something about using both eyes that makes the experience totally different for the user. I suspect these will be popular with outfitters and guys who really spend a lot of time in the field. Obviously the price is going to be high and it's going to limit their sales but it will popular with the hunters it was designed for.
      Yeah might be an issue for me. I have very narrow eyes and finding a set of binos that fit me comfortably is sometimes difficult. Mainly because I like a large objective lens.
      That would be nice for outfitters..

Comment

What are your thoughts on the Pulsar F135/155 forward mounted digital NV units Jason? I see that they can record video ( only at 1x and no crosshairs visible)... But they would be a good option for those that don’t want to dismount their regular ‘daytime scope’ for not too big of a price jump from the Photon.

Comment

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
          What are your thoughts on the Pulsar F135/155 forward mounted digital NV units Jason? I see that they can record video ( only at 1x and no crosshairs visible)... But they would be a good option for those that don’t want to dismount their regular ‘daytime scope’ for not too big of a price jump from the Photon.

Jon, I haven't gotten to use one yet but I'll just be honest.....it's been hard for me to jump on the clip-on bandwagon. To be honest, I don't even think there is a bandwagon.lol The popularity just isn't there and for a lot of good reasons. I think the new Pulsar are nice and for the price I think they are good option for what you described but clip-on has always just made a rifle feel to big, clucky and out of balance. Again, there is a place for it but you need to have a rifle/scope combo that you really like and can't hunt without. For the same money you could buy a new Photon RT and another cheap AR or bolt gun.

So again, I'm not against them, although it sounds like it. I just need a customer to convince me he HAS to use his rifle/scope combo at night before I can tell him it's a good purchase. You just get a lot more bang for your buck buying a dedicated scope vs clip-on NV.

Just my 2 cents!

- Jason

Comment

Jon, I haven't gotten to use one yet but I'll just be honest.....it's been hard for me to jump on the clip-on bandwagon. To be honest, I don't even think there is a bandwagon.lol The popularity just isn't there and for a lot of good reasons. I think the new Pulsar are nice and for the price I think they are good option for what you described but clip-on has always just made a rifle feel to big, clucky and out of balance. Again, there is a place for it but you need to have a rifle/scope combo that you really like and can't hunt without. For the same money you could buy a new Photon RT and another cheap AR or bolt gun.

So again, I'm not against them, although it sounds like it. I just need a customer to convince me he HAS to use his rifle/scope combo at night before I can tell him it's a good purchase. You just get a lot more bang for your buck buying a dedicated scope vs clip-on NV.

Just my 2 cents!

- Jason
            Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!

Comment

Any update on audio recording with the Pulsar thermals?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie82josh View Post
                It was added as a firmware update about 3 weeks ago. Update through Stream Vision and you'll have audio.

Comment

PM sent, l need to get on your waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie82josh View Post
                    Yep it was released a little over a week ago on 1/19 as a firmware update. You just have to go to the StreamVision app and update your device. It seems to be working like a champ though.

Comment

...No they aren't and that was the very first question I asked as soon as I picked it up. I was very concerned about that because I usually have to make that adjust on binos but these actually seemed just fine. I'm sure it will be a small annoyance to some people though. I'll know more after I get my first unit in and do some testing.
                      They ARE adjustable just as you would adjust a PVS7. I actually work for Pulsar and handle media relations for the brand here in the Americas. I hope you also got to look through the Accolade XP50 Thermal Binoculars with the 640 sensor.

I'm stoked that you loved the image clarity on our Accolade! Their range of adult-size heat signature detection is 2,000 yards. They also have built-in video, Wi-Fi, 8-color palette, stadiametric rangefinder, picture-in-picture, etc.

Wish we could have shook hands in the booth. Do you remember who you spoke with?

We also expect, later in the year, to add an Accolade LRF to the mix.

Not sure on all pricing since the Accolade is new and inventory isn't expected until mid- to late-spring but I think MSRPs on the Accolade XQ38 and XP50 will be about $4399 and $6599 respectively. I suspect people really shopping will be able to find the devices closer to $4k and $6k respectively when they are available (guessing here). LRF models, I'm sure will be a bit more. Hope that helps. I haven't been on here in a while but am an avid bowhunter. I also use thermal for walking in and out of my hunting spots, for blood tracking and game recovery. The last hog I arrowed, I found in about 15 seconds. ;-)

Hope the info helps!

Cheers!

-Kev

Comment

Yep it was released a little over a week ago on 1/19 as a firmware update. You just have to go to the StreamVision app and update your device. It seems to be working like a champ though.
                        Yes, audio is working. We've had a couple of folks mention volume is a tad lower but they have to remember that these are waterproof devices. The mic is not going to be direct-to-air but is as close as possible. Also, these are not professional grade mics -- should go without saying but... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Hunter View Post
                          They ARE adjustable just as you would adjust a PVS7. I actually work for Pulsar and handle media relations for the brand here in the Americas. I hope you also got to look through the Accolade XP50 Thermal Binoculars with the 640 sensor.

I'm stoked that you loved the image clarity on our Accolade! Their range of adult-size heat signature detection is 2,000 yards. They also have built-in video, Wi-Fi, 8-color palette, stadiametric rangefinder, picture-in-picture, etc.

Wish we could have shook hands in the booth. Do you remember who you spoke with?

We also expect, later in the year, to add an Accolade LRF to the mix.

Not sure on all pricing since the Accolade is new and inventory isn't expected until mid- to late-spring but I think MSRPs on the Accolade XQ38 and XP50 will be about $4399 and $6599 respectively. I suspect people really shopping will be able to find the devices closer to $4k and $6k respectively when they are available (guessing here). LRF models, I'm sure will be a bit more. Hope that helps. I haven't been on here in a while but am an avid bowhunter. I also use thermal for walking in and out of my hunting spots, for blood tracking and game recovery. The last hog I arrowed, I found in about 15 seconds. ;-)

Hope the info helps!

Cheers!

-Kev
                          Hey Kev, thanks for the info and for chiming in!

I was told by 2 reps (who will remain nameless) in the booth that the Accolades were not adjustable and before I asked I tried to adjust them and nothing moved. How do they adjust? Do you literally just move the eye pieces towards or away from each other?

Thanks for the info and the correction, that's great news.

- Jason

Comment

You didn't get a chance to check out our Trail LRF Thermal Riflescope devices? Any questions about these new products, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the coverage, Outdoor Legacy! Great to see you last week! Piano Bar was a treat, huh? Let me know about the Photon RT. ;-)

Comment

Hello?

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                              Pics of Eva, please. With specs.
                              Still waiting! Lol

Seriously, these NV/Thermal updates are AWESOME! THANKS JASON!

Now about Eva.............

Comment

Jason,

Did Pulsar release a QD Mount for the Core yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X