shooting rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shooting rain?

"all" this rain lately has made me want to capture it. so i go outside thinking it would be easy but in every picture i shoot you could barely tell that its even raining.

what are some settings that are a must to capture this "rain".

Try using your flash. It should reflect back off the drops, making them show up better.

Comment

Scotty makes a good point with the flash idea. Also, depending how hard it is raining, you can shoot with a faster shutter speed and stop some of the action of the rain coming down, or you can slow your shutter speed down (camera on tripod) and get the dreamy effect. If it is not raining hard, it will be difficult to capture it where you are able to see anything anyway. Have fun with it!

Comment

If you're lucky enough to get the sun to break through while it's raining, it's easy....

Without the sun backlighting the raindrops for you, you can get a street light or some other light as a backlight sometimes. Otherwise, Scotty's tip on using a flash should help.

Without some kind of light to reflect in the drops, they usually just disappear on me though.

Comment

I thought about this yesterday. I was sitting at a red light and I noticed you could see the rain better if it was between you and the sun. When I looked away from the sun, you could not see the rain as well.

Looking at Shane's pic, I think that's exactly what I figured out and is the way to approach it. You don't always get sun when it's raining, though.

Comment

Love the saying

Comment

Working...
            X