Swimming Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
    Shallow ground water is a very good point, I think the static water level in my well is probably 7' or 8'..
    Our new well hit water at 10' and is producing over 60 gpm. I have a crazy design in mind to help with that, but several of the volume builders won't do it. I want to build the pool with an exterior wall and the water level actually 2' or so above grade - and build up the grade in some areas to have some of the pool on grade. If that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
      Our new well hit water at 10' and is producing over 60 gpm. I have a crazy design in mind to help with that, but several of the volume builders won't do it. I want to build the pool with an exterior wall and the water level actually 2' or so above grade - and build up the grade in some areas to have some of the pool on grade. If that makes sense.
      Thats awesome! Our shallow well probably is only 10' deep and water at 7'... before I decided to connect my irrigation system to it, I placed a gas pump running about 80gpm for an hour in September 2015 and it didn't evening drop the static level. I had have my 10 station system running 21gpm per station all last summer and never had any water issues... hopefully this continues..

I get your pool design... how deep a pool you planning to build? I don't plan on deeper than 5'

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
        With the size pool you describe the water may become too hot to swim in when temps reach 100.

Rectangle pools are much easier to buy accessories for.
        We may go better, prelimary planning stage right now... pool will recieve shade probably 1/2 the day

Comment

Also the location I want it is kinda limited on space due to proximity to a large pecan and ash tree

Comment

My brother just had one done near Houston, roughly 25'-0"x12'-0" and max 6" depth, with hot tub. Looking at 50 to 60 grand with minimal stone work, and a cool deck on 2 sides only. Just for some reference for you.

Comment

Wife and I are thinking about getting a pool and spa installed this winter. Not looking for anything too crazy. Thinking about a rectangular pool approx 10'-12' wide by 18'-20' long with a spa and possible simple water feature. Pool depth 3' to 5'

We are problem gonna start talking to builders toward fall. Any ideas on approx cost and recommended builders. Located in Taylor, TX which is about 30 mins north east of Austin
              Look up Shane at Capital Custom Pools, tell him H & H referred you, if you cannot get number holler and I will call and get it for you.

Comment

I can get you the number of a friend of mine's father. He's in Cedar Park so not too far away. At least in Taylor it's not rocky like Georgetown!

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                  I can get you the number of a friend of mine's father. He's in Cedar Park so not too far away. At least in Taylor it's not rocky like Georgetown!
                  No but you will probably need piers which is an additional cost.

Comment

We are problem gonna start talking to builders toward fall. Any ideas on approx cost and recommended builders. Located in Taylor, TX which is about 30 mins north east of Austin

better budget $50,000

Comment

Anyone recommend any other pool builders in the Austin area

Comment

Not sure what type of pool or how nice your wanting to go but check out Yeske Pools. My BIL had them do his and turned out nice imo. Nothing fancy an a different style than most but alot cheaper as well. He went with a 30×30 round.

Comment

Looking at starting one myself

Comment

My advice is to research all pool types then find a contractor. There are pros and cons of all types.

Whichever way you go tell them they are paying to remove the rock, if they find it. My contractor swore up and down Pflugerville didnt have rock where i was.......they chipped out over 2' of it.....on thier dime.

We went fiberglass for the cost over time. I will not recommend my contractor as all he did was show up, take my check and never saw him again. After that it was just his guys i saw......even after all the problems we had. We finally got it right over the phone, but you shouldnt have to have high blood pressure when you are paying that much for something. All i asked was for it to be done right.

Comment

I'll get you a contact number tomorrow or Monday.

Comment

Southpaw Pools. The owner will be on your job every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X