No announcement yet.

Good budget dog food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the poop has not gotten back to normal so we went to the vet yesterday for tests. No parasites (just got the call) and he is on an antibiotic now. I sure hope this clears up without another diet change. I have an unopened bag of the 4health and he's still not done with the first bag.

Comment

Science diet for my queen bee.

Comment

Why mix , go all raw. Easy and a lot less poop.

Comment

Got real turds this afternoon! Not scours. Really hoping the antibiotics clear him up.

Doc also noted 2 new masses on his torso. Said they are likely just benign fatty tumors that labs his age tend to get and that the decision to test or not test is really a question of what I'd do if they came back bad. I'm a bit old school on pets and told him I'm not spending boucous $ on extending the life of a 9 year old dog. Got to thinking about that a 2:00am though and it kept me up last night. He seems happy enough for now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Got real turds this afternoon! Not scours. Really hoping the antibiotics clear him up.

Doc also noted 2 new masses on his torso. Said they are likely just benign fatty tumors that labs his age tend to get and that the decision to test or not test is really a question of what I'd do if they came back bad. I'm a bit old school on pets and told him I'm not spending boucous $ on extending the life of a 9 year old dog. Got to thinking about that a 2:00am though and it kept me up last night. He seems happy enough for now at least.

My dog also has some benign fatty tumors and she has always been on Blue Buffalo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Blue Wilderness

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                Blue buffalo but instead of paying almost $60 at tractor supply we get if online from chewy.com for $30 and change.
                Not sure where you're getting your pricing but it's about $50 at both places unless you Autoship and save $2-$3.

Comment

Glad your pups doing better.

How'd you like all the "budget" dog food recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Glad your pups doing better.

How'd you like all the "budget" dog food recommendations?

Yeah, there were some budgets I can't identify with.

Update is he's doing great. Antibiotics kicked the runs and yard cleanup is easier than ever so I'm thinking the 4health chicken and rice is gonna stay. The vet did warn me that the glucosamine in the food is less than the level he actually needs to be effective so I still need to supplement for his hips.

Comment

Glad to hear he's doing well. Not directly related to a type of food but I've been using chewy.com to order my dog food. Cheapest prices I've found and free shipping.

Comment

for you guys that buy online, how does your dog feed make it to your door? Bags ever jacked up spilling feed and such like regular mail does? Or does it come boxed to protect the sack?

Comment

Diamond is what a lot of professionals in the dawg business use.
                          I like it but momma says they deserve Iams.
                          I really don't care as long as I don't have to eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
                            for you guys that buy online, how does your dog feed make it to your door? Bags ever jacked up spilling feed and such like regular mail does? Or does it come boxed to protect the sack?
                            I have mail ordered 10-12 bags in the past (when they have a really good sale) and never had a torn bag or anything. They are shipped in a box.

Just watch out for those who autoship. When prices go up, they still ship it and wont let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post

Never had an issue... fingers crossed. Just comes in a box with a little padding. We feed purina and their bags are pretty tough.

Comment

Retriever dog food -blue bag. 55 lbs for 20 bucks

Comment

Working...
                                X