• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      That's stealing.
      Might want to delete since we have so many LEO on here.
      I don't use kodi, but if they were really worried about it, or considered it stealing, it's all over the internet and has been for atleast 7-8 years that I know of. Besides he never said you were streaming it for free, he just said once you get it, you could stream ppv on it.

Comment

I cut the cable about a year ago. Been through a couple of digital antennas and I'm still not satisfied with it. We have a couple of "smart" TVs, a "smart" bluray player, and an apple TV. We have an Amazon Prime membership and stream netflix. When we cut the cable, we switched internet providers from AT&T to Charter. Charter was 3 times faster and half the price. No buffering at all.

The only issue I have is not being able to watch the Rangers. I spent last season listening on the radio to most of the games. I could watch highlights online. No big deal really.

My next step is the put an OTA antenna in the attic then I am going to get a fire stick or fire box and load kodi.

Comment

Newsflash......you didn't 'cut the cable", which is the dumbest phrase ever, if you still have a cable modem. You just replaced the splitter with a ground block.

LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
            I did a DIY thread here a couple yrs ago (?) of an antenna build I did. I currently get 44 channels in real good of free, OTA television! We love it!!!
            I need to find that thread...I'm sick of giving direct tv so much money. I watch very little tv, but what i do watch is usually on Discovery or History channel. Any way to still get these with any of these methods above?

Comment

Do any of these streaming devices have fox sports southwest...not sure I could live not watching rangers baseball!

Comment

Marked for later

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  Got a link to a good tutorial on how to do it all properly? I'm gonna order one soon if it's easy to do myself.
                  The link in the 3rd post has a good tutorial. 2 subs on reddit have good help too. r/kodi and r/AddOns4Kodi

It is easy to do yourself. Better to do it yourself so you know how to upgrade and add on what you wish.

Kodi is not illegal. It is a software that can have illegal or grey area 3rd-party addons. A rough comparison is saying that Chrome or YouTube is not illegal but through both of those it is possible to stream live NHL, MLB, NBA...... which might not be quite legal.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                    http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Fire-TV...ywords=fire+tv

get that, load kodi (www.kodi.tv) anything and everything you could ever dream of watching for free, past and present every movie, every tv episode ever made.

if not enough, subscribe, to netflix hulu hbo ect.
                    If that has "anything and everything" how would subscribing to netflix or hulu help?

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                      Got a link to a good tutorial on how to do it all properly? I'm gonna order one soon if it's easy to do myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        If that has "anything and everything" how would subscribing to netflix or hulu help?
                        they are putting out some of their own shows now. ie "house of cards" though you can find all the popular ones on there anyways. other than that really no need to have them.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll be ordering one soon and hoping to get it up and running by the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            they are putting out some of their own shows now. ie "house of cards" though you can find all the popular ones on there anyways. other than that really no need to have them.
                            I was just joking around. If they had "everything" there would be no need for anything else.

Comment

In for this. Wanting to kick it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Newsflash......you didn't 'cut the cable", which is the dumbest phrase ever, if you still have a cable modem. You just replaced the splitter with a ground block.

LMAO.

Yep. You really got me there

Comment

Working...
                                X