2018 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    It's squash season. Wont be long before people start hiding from us afraid we will be bringing more squash for them . Have to give credit to my wife. She is amazingly creative at 1,287,644,429 different ways to prepare squash! Rest of garden on fire as well. Bush beans starting to crank, tomatoes kicking in, just picked the rest of the onions and garlic to cure, all the potatoes are up, egg plant producing, cucumbers rolling,Kale, salad greens collards chard all prolific, lots of beets, berries... and on the list goes.
    One day i want to have a garden that is half as productive as yours!

Comment

This makes it all worst it
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone used azomite and if so how and what do you think?
        Great looking harvests Rusty, your graden has it going on!

I use Azomite and am very happy with the results. I can’t speak of it exclusively being that I mix it with 2 other products, greensand and minerals plus.

I typically mix the 3 and sprinkle it over my beds when prepping for each growing season. Then just kind of work it into the top layer of compost.

Comment

It's squash season. Wont be long before people start hiding from us afraid we will be bringing more squash for them . Have to give credit to my wife. She is amazingly creative at 1,287,644,429 different ways to prepare squash! Rest of garden on fire as well. Bush beans starting to crank, tomatoes kicking in, just picked the rest of the onions and garlic to cure, all the potatoes are up, egg plant producing, cucumbers rolling,Kale, salad greens collards chard all prolific, lots of beets, berries... and on the list goes.
          Black Krim's are awesome!!!

Comment

We added a fertilizer factory to our garden, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6F894289-FDDF-498C-A584-59E28FA8793D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	24540169

Name:	2A28CABD-5938-4ACA-A490-DF9653AD3C31.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	24540170

They make gardening so much funner!

Comment

I hope your outside unit doesn't blow up!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                I hope your outside unit doesn't blow up!!
                Me too!

Unit free from vines, thanks for the heads up! That’s wild compost melon!
                Last edited by DBHIII; 05-29-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

A quick look...tomato plants are now right at 7ft tall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Johnny, that one healthy looking garden!! ...absolutely beautiful!

Comment

From flooding and having to replant some of the garden 3 times, now we're having to water... but so far, so good! Everything is looking really nice. Crows hit the corn patch right after it started to sprout and they took out some sections of some of the rows, however it didn't end well for them... They got some corn, but they didn't digest those #7 1/2 too well...:

Name:	IMG_7476.jpg
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	24540189

Name:	IMG_7478.jpg
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	24540190

Name:	IMG_7479.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	24540191

Still doin' a little berry pickin' too... bout 2 gallons + every 3 days...

Name:	IMG_7429.jpg
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	24540192

Comment

Thanks Charlie! I used 6 ft cages on my tomato plants for the first time this season and that is the trick; gives them plenty of support to keep on going. I also use mushroom mulch straight from the Monterey Mushroom farm in Madisonville. GOOD STUFF! Your garden is looking real good. I might have to look into growing blackberries after slobbering over your blackberry cobbler pics!

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          The pollinator garden is coming along nicely... now if the tomatoes that are set would ripen!

We have more lettuce, Swiss chard, numerous varieties of kale, and red vein sorrel in the garden than salads we can eat. I think I will have to transplant seedlings next year instead of direct seeding, I went overboard this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Are these annuals? They are beautiful....

Comment

I found three caterpillars eating my parsley yesterday. After I killed them I discovered they were swallowtails to be.

Oops

I'd rather have the swallowtails than the parsley.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Thanks Charlie! I used 6 ft cages on my tomato plants for the first time this season and that is the trick; gives them plenty of support to keep on going. I also use mushroom mulch straight from the Monterey Mushroom farm in Madisonville. GOOD STUFF! Your garden is looking real good. I might have to look into growing blackberries after slobbering over your blackberry cobbler pics!
                              Johnny, those dang blackberries are about the easiest thing we've ever planted! Got 2 rows about 80 feet long and my wife and daughter planted 2 MORE ROWS a couple weeks ago!! We're gettin' enough berries now for a truck farm. I don't have a clue what she's gonna do with all the berries next year!!
                              Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 05-30-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Hoped to pick the first celebrity tomato today and looks like something is getting it before I do. Also have a similar spot on a banana pepper as the green tomato. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24540223

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X