LEO out in full force Liberty Hill to Briggs on 183

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO out in full force Liberty Hill to Briggs on 183

Anyone know why they have 8-10 (or more) LEO's from Liberty Hill to Briggs on 183? I saw them yesterday and then today. Writing tickets as fast as they could (I assume as they had people pulled over).

A usual trip to Lampasas I see maybe one with no one pulled over. They had at lest 3-4 motorcycle LEO's, then the standard SUV, car, and Sherriff vehicles.

We came through there yesterday and I don't recall seeing any.

Comment

It's a new month with a new quota they have to meet

Comment

They changed the speed limit to 65 in that stretch so now their out in force to enforce it. Been like that for about a week. Lot of accidents ( they say 300+)
        I travel that road from Briggs to Cedar Park nearly daily for 17 years and only come across 2 accidents so not sure when the accidents are happening.

Comment

I use to drive that way 7 days a week and could go months without seeing LEO, every now and then I'd see 15 from Lampasas to Liberty Hill. Never did know why, maybe just keeping people honest...

Comment

Wrecks- it was one of the areas the Feds listed as hazardous. Dropped speed limit, now working traffic so they don’t get funding pulled. I think it’s part of the Vision Zero the Feds put out. Area on 183 south of 29 to 3405 I think

Comment

they had a couple fatalities there last week or so.

Comment

That and probably move over or slow down violations.

Comment

Wrecks...glad they are out there and hopefully will slow some of these idiots down.

Comment

They added a left turn lane which took away a lane going either direction so you go from 2 lanes to one lane back to 2. I think it is more dangerous now than it was. They lowered the speed limit but that don't matter no one slows down. I have actually been passed on the left as people ignore that it is one lane and the other lane is a turn lane. Probably has a lot to do with the LEO's out in force.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      Wrecks...glad they are out there and hopefully will slow some of these idiots down.
                      You driving rush hours? I drive that way and back once per week. I almost never see people speeding more than 5 over. But I drive 10am-noon.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Anyone know why they have 8-10 (or more) LEO's from Liberty Hill to Briggs on 183? I saw them yesterday and then today. Writing tickets as fast as they could (I assume as they had people pulled over).

A usual trip to Lampasas I see maybe one with no one pulled over. They had at lest 3-4 motorcycle LEO's, then the standard SUV, car, and Sherriff vehicles.
                        Was on the news this week. Wilco handed out 150 speeding tickets on 183 in Leander/LH area on Monday alone. Big initiative to slow down drivers. They even used a fake cop car made from cardboard.

If you ask me, speeding is NOT the problem. It's people who don't know how to drive, and people who are playing with their cell phones.

"We've had accident after accident after accident," said Anthony Wagner who lives north of Liberty Hill in a subdivision off of 183.

Comment

What is wierd is the lowered the speed limit from New hope to Seward junction to 60 mph. but that stretch has over 100 yards of medium between roads. But the stretch from seward junction to 3405 is 65 and there is no seperation. just a yellow line. Not sure how that is safer..

The wreck that killed people 3 weeks ago was north of 3405 so not even in that stretch. Not making sense.. I drive this dailey and have never seen a wreck. My guess is that maybe some crossings that dont have lights are having collisions.. Not sure.. Never seen 300 plus wrecks..

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            You driving rush hours? I drive that way and back once per week. I almost never see people speeding more than 5 over. But I drive 10am-noon.
                            I try to avoid it as much as possible watching the news and they said they had one doing mid 90s in the 60 zone.

Comment

There have been two on SB 183 just past the river every morning this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X