2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
    In from Anderson County Slocum/Elkhart area.
    Not sure if I've ever asked you but when do you typically start seeing chasing in your neck of Anderson County?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Not sure if I've ever asked you but when do you typically start seeing chasing in your neck of Anderson County?
      Not to steal the question, I hunt between Elkhart and Grapeland and the rut kicks in generally the last week of October/1st week of November

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Charlie i was down your way yesterday. had an airboat gig up river from I10. crazy how high the water marks were up there. Im thinking some deer drown in that! I bet i saw 25 sunk boats.
        I made it out to the property today... a couple of my sets made it OK, but others, not so good... Had 3 pop ups out, and they all made it OK though the water completely covered 2 of them. I had 'em staked down and tied to trees/brush... Took out a couple moccasins from a couple of them. ... took out as put a .410 whuppin on their heads!! Quite a bit of deer sign on the high ground. No deer at feeders... all hogs. The difference of the flood this time was the water came up quick, and did not stay long... so the animals that survived, were able to return quickly... Bad thing is also that it came up fast... animals did not have the chance to get out in a lot of cases I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
          Not to steal the question, I hunt between Elkhart and Grapeland and the rut kicks in generally the last week of October/1st week of November
          We hunt between Grapeland and Elkhart too and the first week of November is historically the most active time for us as well.

Comment

What I got done yesterday. Finally found an app to resize my pics
            Attached Files

Comment

Got out and set up two tree stands. Came face to face with a rat snake lighting the water heater who got a pass to keep the house mice in check.

Sat in blind hoping the pigs came but instead I got to watch the buck we call little 8. Who is a nine this year.

Will he make 13" and how old is he?
              Attached Files

Comment

2.5... needs few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                  2.5... needs few more years.
                  Thanks. This aging deer is all new to me. I was thinking a bit older due to rounded nose.

Comment

These are the two big boars I hope walk in. Any guess on weigh?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                      These are the two big boars I hope walk in. Any guess on weigh?
                      Good God.

Comment

Oreo looks like hes been eating good. 200lb+

Comment

Those two guys are always alone, and not very scheduled, but would love to knock them down.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                            Oreo looks like hes been eating good. 200lb+
                            LOL Yeah he does.

Comment

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Did some work at deer camp this past weekend. Built a deck under the porch,added a fire pit, mowed high line row, put in an oat patch, pvc/bucket feeder and brushed in a pop up at it for my daughter. Deer standing in it a few hours after I finished when I came back to fill feeder.
                              First hog sighting at my stand unfortunately. Big ol lone boar and good size kitty cat too. No bucks on cam but typical for this time of year. The girls will draw em in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Hix; 09-18-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know anybody that is on the A L hunting club in Cass County south of Linden? I really need contact info, to discuss neighborly things.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X