We need more Kart racers for our Naskart League based in Kyle, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need more Kart racers for our Naskart League based in Kyle, Texas

Our Naskart League starts in 7 weeks and we are in dire need of more racers. If you have never raced a go kart and/or wanted to get into some form of affordable racing - this is THE way to go.

Our karts are direct drive (no shifters) and are all stock BIREL rental kart chassis. We are required to run same tires, chassis, body work, etc. We all use Honda 270 engines but have an open motor rule (you can do anything you want to the 270). At central Texas speedway we average between 75 and 80mph. Doesn't sound like much but at one inch off the ground it feels like you are going well over 100mph. I have never experienced an adrenaline rush like these karts provide. I am not certain if we have any age limits but it's not a kids toy. earliest age I would start considering my child to sit in that seat would be 13 - 15 (and at that age they would have to exhibit some pretty darn impressive driving skills). We have the rubber rails that run around the kart to prevent the perilous open wheel accidents. Accidents are very very rare.

This year we are racing primarily at CTS in Kyle and HCKC (road course) in New braunfels. We have also scheduled a few races in Houston (road course).

$5k will get you completely set up for the season (barring any catastrophic motor issues). After the initial cost of the kart, then subsequent seasons the only expenses are tires (set of tires will last 5-6 races) and motor rebuilds (generally between 250 and $500). Like most racing, more money you put into the engine as far as machining of head to increase compression, lightweight billet parts, etc the less reliable the engine becomes. This translates into increased engine rebuilds (cost various depending on parts you use). Last year I ran without any engine issues until second to last race - rings wore out and valve job was needed. The open motor rule's biggest disadvantage is it makes us have two stretched out groups on the track - those with the money to have race engines that require rebuild every 5 races or so and those like me that don't we still have fun in the back. For example the fast pack runs appr 17.2 second laps versus those that run 17.9 at CTS. The road courses help the competitiveness of the group but the fast pack is definitely noticeable.

You can see our races from last year on YouTube. Search under "Naskart". There is also a Facebook page.

PM me if interested and I will put you in contact with the individual that has or knows of the Karts for sale. He is a one stop shop for your kart and motor needs.

I would love to get a few of you in the league. It is an absolute blast.

Ttt

Comment

Sounds like fun! Maybe some day I'll get into it!

Comment

Son ran k100 Jr series.. wasn't cheap .. but man it was fun...I couldn't wait till he graduated to the shifter karts...but life happened and he got bored with it.. I couldn't find a seat big enough to fit on his birel for my big butt...or I would kept it.
        Serious fun...and you don't know what G's are till to 90 degree in a kart

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Son ran k100 Jr series.. wasn't cheap .. but man it was fun...I couldn't wait till he graduated to the shifter karts...but life happened and he got bored with it.. I couldn't find a seat big enough to fit on his birel for my big butt...or I would kept it.
          Serious fun...and you don't know what G's are till to 90 degree in a kart
          Sold a set of tires to a guy in Florida that runs shifter karts at Daytona. They clocked his kart at 173mph....

I could not fathom that speed in a kart but sure would try it given the opportunity.

Comment

That's a pretty reasonable start up as far as racing goes, wish I had the extra cash

Comment

That's what I need another hobby..... Between roping, fishing, hunting, and 3-D, I need something else that cost money. NOT. Does sound like fun though.

Comment

I am a professional driver and if your team is considering a driver to win each and every race, you can count on me. However i come with some strict requirements: I live far and dont want to live there so you will have to fly me in on private jet, food and beverages must be furnished upon my arrival, I will do you a favor and you can give me a cart that ill race for you free of charge. PM me for more info

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic2105 View Post
                  That's a pretty reasonable start up as far as racing goes, wish I had the extra cash
                  It may seem like a lot to those unfamiliar with racing but you are correct....It is very reasonable.

The best part of it is the minimal expense after you purchase the kart and motor. We run faster than a few of the car classes and don't have near the expenses that they have. You don't even need trailer if you have a truck

Comment

Sure wish I had the time. Every year for my bday we go race karts, and I have a freaking blast. Would love to do this more.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Were yall in new Braunfels today?

Comment

No. Our season starts in late March.

Comment

Somebody was burning the track up!

Comment

Working...