No announcement yet.

SHOT SHow 2018 Night Vison & Thermal Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for keeping us posted! I know you are not an ATN fan. (I am a bit of a FAN boy) Own X-Sight 1 and 2 as well as a Thor HD 384 and their Range Finder. Let us know what you think of the X-Sight 4k Pro and the Thor 4. When do you think you might get them?

Comment

Same thing with FLIR, I'll hopefully get more pics/vids tomorrow.

So here is what's new that I think is exciting. As expected FLIR is releasing the next two models in the new ThermoSight Pro series. These all include internal video recording. The PTS233 has been very slowly shipping over the last couple months and it's been a hit. So the models will be:

ThermoSight PRO PTS233 1.5-6x19, FLIR Boson – 320x256 (12μm) 60Hz Core,
      19mm Lens - $2,299

ThermoSight PRO PTS536 4-16x50, FLIR Boson – 320x256 (12μm) 60Hz Core,
      50mm Lens - $3,795

ThermoSight PRO PTS736 6-24x75, FLIR Boson – 320x256 (12μm) 60Hz Core,
      75mm Lens - $4,795

As you can see, what you are getting here is some really high magnification and some big objective lenses. I can tell you the PTS536 is going to be VERY popular at that price point with a 4x optical magnification. I've already got in a big order for them.

The next really cool thing is the new Breach PTQ136 dual purpose thermal unit. It will function as a handheld monocular and it's helmet mountable. It will be $2,495 and it has a FLIR Boson core, 320x256 (12μm) and 60Hz. It was announced last year under a different name and slightly different specs/features. This unit is weighs 7.4oz, 1x optical, 4x digital zoom and has internal video recording. It is a NICE little unit that fits right in the palm of your hand. I was very impressed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        Pics of Eva, please. With specs.
        Gosh this seems to be a popular request. I'll be pretty busy tomorrow but I'll tell me wife we have to make time for this.

Originally posted by texashunter74 View Post
        Thanks for keeping us posted! I know you are not an ATN fan. (I am a bit of a FAN boy) Own X-Sight 1 and 2 as well as a Thor HD 384 and their Range Finder. Let us know what you think of the X-Sight 4k Pro and the Thor 4. When do you think you might get them?
        Will do! I'm not sure on an ETA, I haven't been by their booth yet but I will tomorrow. I'll report back.

One more thing guys, my updates might actually be pretty short until next week. I can get into details more later. It's really hard to get all this done in the evenings after I get back from the show. We've got dinner meetings every night and it's hard to get all this posted before we have to go back out. I'll do my best but when I get back to Texas, I'll have a lot more time.

Comment

I’m really wanting to get some thermal this year

Comment

[QUOTE=Outdoor Legacy;13126812]Gosh this seems to be a popular request. I'll be pretty busy tomorrow but I'll tell me wife we have to make time for this.

My hero lol

Comment

In

Comment

Following for sure! Look forward to some updates and to see the coolest stuff!

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the updates. They're much appreciated.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for checking back in. Day 2 of SHOT is in the books and I'm hoping I got pretty much everything done today. I might have to back for a little bit tomorrow and finalize some orders but I think I'm mostly good.

I really didn't see a whole lot of new super exciting things today because I was mostly back at the Pulsar and FLIR booths again finalizing some stuff but I didn't venture out to the ATN booth, Trijicon and a few other non-NV related companies that I needed to check out.

To answer Texashunter's questions, yes sir I did see the new X-Sight 4K's and the Thors. My gut reaction is, I don't like the looks of them. I forgot to take pics, but I'll go find one..... I'm also going to post all the pictures in another post because they are on my phone and it's easier that way.lol The Thors and the new X-Sight 4K's have an identical housing. You can't tell them apart by first glace. They said this will help them with production for obvious reasons. They have a built in non-removable battery and they say the X-Sight 4K's will run 18 hours on it and the rep said the thermals will run 16 hours. The Thors image quality looks good and if you are an ATN fan you will love them. The full color daylight quality of the X-Sight 4K models was honestly pretty amazing. They also released a daytime only video scope, called the X-Sight 4K Buck Hunter, which as far as I can tell is just an X-Sight without the NV option? I didn't get a demo of it, but that's what it appears from seeing it and reading the specs. Since I don't deal in daytime optics it wasn't something I wanted to spend my time on.

There is also an auxiliary add-on ballistic laser range finder that can be purchased and added to any of the new X-Sights or Thors. I didn't get a demo of it but it seems cool. I just hope it's simple to use and not overly complicated with menu options etc. We shall see. They are keeping the current crop of X-Sight's for now, as well as the current Thors. I'm honestly not sure why but there has to be some motivation. The did say the price will be dropping on most of the older models, as you'd expect. At the end of the day, I think there could be a few cool things here but we will just have to wait and see how it goes. They are saying March/April delivery. If anyone is interested in any of these particular units, just let me know. I'm going to put in a small pre-order for testing and evaluation.

- Jason

Comment

The new Pulsar Accolade thermal binos. These are the XQ38 model.

FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS536 4x optical 50mm lens $3,795

FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS736 6x optical 75mm lens $4,795

Here is a stock image of the new X-Sight 4K and the Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                          Same thing with FLIR, I'll hopefully get more pics/vids tomorrow.

So here is what's new that I think is exciting. As expected FLIR is releasing the next two models in the new ThermoSight Pro series. These all include internal video recording. The PTS233 has been very slowly shipping over the last couple months and it's been a hit. So the models will be:

ThermoSight PRO PTS233 1.5-6x19, FLIR Boson – 320x256 (12μm) 60Hz Core,
                          19mm Lens - $2,299 ...
                          Is the 60Hz an upgrade from the PTS233's original specs? I see 30Hz on your website and a few other places but 60Hz here and on Flir's website.

Comment

Thanks for the great posts

Comment

Are the Accolades eye pieces adjustable for the interpupillary distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                                Is the 60Hz an upgrade from the PTS233's original specs? I see 30Hz on your website and a few other places but 60Hz here and on Flir's website.
                                I'm glad you mentioned that, I just fixed that because I'd forgotten to. That was an error on FLIR's part. They announced them as 30Hz but after they had begun shipping they sent out some updated info and said it is actually a 60Hz scope but it records video at 30Hz.

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                                Are the Accolades eye pieces adjustable for the interpupillary distance?
                                No they aren't and that was the very first question I asked as soon as I picked it up. I was very concerned about that because I usually have to make that adjust on binos but these actually seemed just fine. I'm sure it will be a small annoyance to some people though. I'll know more after I get my first unit in and do some testing.

The image quality was amazing, even on the XQ model. There is something about using both eyes that makes the experience totally different for the user. I suspect these will be popular with outfitters and guys who really spend a lot of time in the field. Obviously the price is going to be high and it's going to limit their sales but it will popular with the hunters it was designed for.

Comment

Working...
                                X