No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 acres here at home, 350 acres near Good Springs, 217 acres near Mt. Enterprise, and 2500 acres in Trinity Co. I guess you could say I'm an East Texas hunter. Only one problem. Where to start ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      85 acres here at home, 350 acres near Good Springs, 217 acres near Mt. Enterprise, and 2500 acres in Trinity Co. I guess you could say I'm an East Texas hunter. Only one problem. Where to start ?
      Start by letting the trinity co one go to me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
        Hard Tom hear. Prayers to all.

Sitting here wondering if there water in the lease camp.
        We're wondering the same thing. My mom and dad are going to need their camper for probably the next two months or however long it's going to take for them to get their house repaired.

If anyone lives in the Segno/Votaw area of Polk County, could you please PM me? If you're able to drive by our camp just a couple miles from Segno, I'd like to know the status of our campers, but I don't think we can get up there right now because of the flood waters. Between my shifts on the fire truck and taking care of family, there just hasn't been time to find out. Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
        Last edited by MedikDave; 08-29-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Hey guys brand new to TBH and not sure this is the correct place for this, but I am wanting to buy a small track in Cass county. I live in southern MO and just want a place to go on weekends. I've heard horror stories about poachers/theives. Will that be an issue since it'll be vacant most times? Again not trying to get off topic but it wouldn't let me start my own topic and thought you would be the guys to ask. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
            We're wondering the same thing. My mom and dad are going to need their camper for probably the next two months or however long it's going to take for them to get their house repaired.

If anyone lives in the Segno/Votaw area of Polk County, could you please PM me? If you're able to drive by our camp just a couple miles from Segno, I'd like to know the status of our campers, but I don't think we can get up there right now because of the flood waters. Between my shifts on the fire truck and taking care of family, there just hasn't been time to find out. Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
            I hope to go up one day next week to my lease if that will help. That's if the Trinity River doesn't have the roads flooded. I drive through Segno and I don't mind stopping if you haven't made it up there.
            PM me directions or location.

Comment

Anyone know what it looks like in the Hull Batson area

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
                Don't know much except Pine Island bayou is flooded

Comment

Curly

Spike lee

Captain Hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally getting to go to the lease this weekend after 4 weeks at home.
                    Looking forward to seeing what's on cam and may even see if any Dove are flying.. that is if he fields not under water.

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
                      I just know they were running boats from Nome to Sour Lake... I'd expect a little West to have been similar at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobowhunter View Post
                        Hey guys brand new to TBH and not sure this is the correct place for this, but I am wanting to buy a small track in Cass county. I live in southern MO and just want a place to go on weekends. I've heard horror stories about poachers/theives. Will that be an issue since it'll be vacant most times? Again not trying to get off topic but it wouldn't let me start my own topic and thought you would be the guys to ask. Thanks.
                        Welcome to TBH! Poaching and thievery is a concern in ETX as you have heard. Some places worse than others. Small tracks are naturally more susceptible to these problems. Best bet is, once you've found a property you like, visit with the neighbors to get a feel for if they live there, are around much, get out on their property much, know much about the other neighbors, etc.

You may get more responses later in the year... Attention is mostly on Harvey recovery efforts right now.

Comment

Spent a little time in the woods today. Sweated my arse off and loved it. It was good to be away from everything after a hectic week. Topped it off with chicken fried steak sammich and a sweet tea

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Did any of you guys have any luck with the dove this weekend? They were no where to be found in Etoile

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                              Start by letting the trinity co one go to me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I second that. Or just let me be apart of it

Comment

checking in...

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                                Just read the last page of the 2016-17 thread. Glad to see we have the new one for this year.

74 ac in Pennington. New lease member txassisan (TBH) and I only. Looking forward to it. Done a lot of work on the camp house this past summer..
                                Will hunt a family farm in Pennington also. Curiously we see very few hogs on our place, how bout yall?

Comment

Working...
                                X