Metal Blade Cold Cut Chop Saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Yes sir I have an Ellis bandsaw as well. Just looking to move beyond the abrasive cuts chop saws.
    Looks like you got me looking at them too . Be nice to make cuts a little faster than the abrasive 14" will do. And the dust about kills me sometimes.
    I do aluminum work along with steel. Can also do stainless, Ti, and inconel. If I keep this up (buying more tooling), I'm going to have to build a shop for a home somewhere.

Blade replacement cost vs. number of cuts is something to consider also. I do like the idea of a cool material finish after the cut. And lack of burrs to clean up after the cut, on the 1300 RPM models.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Looks like you got me looking at them too . Be nice to make cuts a little faster than the abrasive 14" will do. And the dust about kills me sometimes.
      I do aluminum work along with steel. Can also do stainless, Ti, and inconel. If I keep this up (buying more tooling), I'm going to have to build a shop for a home somewhere.

Blade replacement cost vs. number of cuts is something to consider also. I do like the idea of a cool material finish after the cut. And lack of burrs to clean up after the cut, on the 1300 RPM models.
      Cool to the touch and no hitting the file or bench grinder after like abrasive.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        Cool to the touch and no hitting the file or bench grinder after like abrasive.
        That's what I'm see-n. And I likey.

Comment

I like my Evo but have no experience with the others. For me some of the biggest benefits to me I'd the no dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            That's what I'm see-n. And I likey.

Anyone of the saws mentioned will make you wonder why you used an abrasive saw in the first place. Its no comparison.

Originally posted by Big H
            I like my Evo but have no experience with the others. For me some of the biggest benefits to me I'd the no dust.
            This is true but lets be fair, there will 1000's of tiny chards of metal chips made cutting with this type of blade.

Comment

Ordered the MK Morse. I'll report back on how it does.

Comment

Working...
              X