Cat has been picked up and is proudly hung in my trophy room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Some will recognize the proof that it is me

Comment

he does amazing work with Deer,bobcats, Mt.Lions anything he mounts.

Your Cat looks GREAT Trophy!!

Comment

You have a mount to be proud of!

Comment

Turned out great!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
              That looks great, and looks like you close to getting your cat.

I saw these updates and tried to reach out to him again. And he actually texted me back!! Fingers crossed that I’ll have my cat back in January.

Looks awesome and worth the wait!

Comment

Throughout history, great artists have often lacked business skills. For example, Van Gogh sold one painting (out of over 800 painted) during his lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Throughout history, great artists have often lacked business skills. For example, Van Gogh sold one painting (out of over 800 painted) during his lifetime.
                  Did he return phone calls and texts?

Comment

So I had a good talk with Clay about the issues that have been brought up. It is not his full time job. He doesn't really get service in his shop. He has been swamped. We discussed a few of the specific issues a few folks have claimed and there is certainly 2 sides to every story. Now I'm not saying he is perfect with communication but he will tell you up front that he is slow. I got what I asked for to a T. And it looks amazing. I will be taking him another when I finally kill a real spotted cat or a mountain lion. I'm very very happy with my mount. It means a lot to me and turned out even better than imagined.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      So I had a good talk with Clay about the issues that have been brought up. It is not his full time job. He doesn't really get service in his shop. He has been swamped. We discussed a few of the specific issues a few folks have claimed and there is certainly 2 sides to every story. Now I'm not saying he is perfect with communication but he will tell you up front that he is slow. I got what I asked for to a T. And it looks amazing. I will be taking him another when I finally kill a real spotted cat or a mountain lion. I'm very very happy with my mount. It means a lot to me and turned out even better than imagined.

If he would ever actually run a legit business, the man could name his price and people would pay it for that quality. Arguably one of the best cat taxidermists in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                        If he would ever actually run a legit business, the man could name his price and people would pay it for that quality. Arguably one of the best cat taxidermists in the country.

I agree with that. I do think he doesn't want to deal with the enivitabke BS that some bring. Whether they bring a crappy cat in and want it to turn out amazing or whatever it may be. After talking to him I understand both sides. He seems like a very good dude and I'm not just saying that because of my mount. I do think the communication could improve. I'll admit some of the comments here made me second guess him big time and I told him that. We had a good talk and I'll be a repeat customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post

Good to know. Will have to keep this in mind for the future if I ever get a pretty cat.

Comment

Some will recognize the proof that it is me

Send it

Comment

What does he charge?

Sad people don't know how to communicate and much worse aren't too concerned with it.

There have been enough posts on here about him for him to even be able to defend himself IMO.

If your too busy to return a customers calls/texts you are doing something wrong or don't give a shet

Comment

Working...
                              X