Val Verde County Rut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
    Victor Thanks for the report!!! I am heading out for a Short Trip this weekend....how you think I will be North of you?
    Well lookas like it's gonna be a wet one this weekend thats for sure...! this morning was cold the Liar I mean the weather man said it felt like 37° outside this morning ..!!! my buddy's Snapchat story from this evenings hunt had does and bucks under the feeder and the bucks looked more interested in the corn and he said it's looking slow this year .... I'm going out this weekend rain or shine ...!!!

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Comment

Wet Wet Wet!!!! Deer not moving at all

Comment

I was in Val Verde Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th. Very Wet. Deer were very active, saw some good fights and good chasing from both young and mature bucks. On average was seeing about 10-15 deer per hunt. I shot a cull buck and a doe. Heading back this Thursday for another run. Hope to see some new deer that have not been on camera. We baited out all the main roads before we left and will continue that strategy when we arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by BtheBuck View Post
          I was in Val Verde Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th. Very Wet. Deer were very active, saw some good fights and good chasing from both young and mature bucks. On average was seeing about 10-15 deer per hunt. I shot a cull buck and a doe. Heading back this Thursday for another run. Hope to see some new deer that have not been on camera. We baited out all the main roads before we left and will continue that strategy when we arrive.
          Where abouts??? They are just now trying to start in my area around Loma Alta

Comment

Further west.....North/West of Comstock. Saturday morning it was pretty aggressive....it is going to get pretty cold at the end of this week, I honestly don't know what to expect, I just hope there are some new (bigger) deer I haven't see before moving.

I hunted a few times Loma Alta area years ago, off Dolan Road. I really like that area. There was not as many whitetail, but the place we hunted had its share of exotics. Sweet Area!

Comment

Further west.....North/West of Comstock. Saturday morning it was pretty aggressive....it is going to get pretty cold at the end of this week, I honestly don't know what to expect, I just hope there are some new (bigger) deer I haven't see before moving.

I hunted a few times Loma Alta area years ago, off Dolan Road. I really like that area. There was not as many whitetail, but the place we hunted had its share of exotics. Sweet Area!
              We have decent whitetail and some exotics. I like it, just seems the rut the past two years has been odd.

Comment

It has been odd for us for the past 4 years, we have never been able to pin point it, but I did see the most action I have ever seen on this place in 4 years this past weekend, that is the only reason we are going back so soon.....I am thinking that this week should be pretty action filled. Good Luck! Send some exotics our way!

Comment

It has been odd for us for the past 4 years, we have never been able to pin point it, but I did see the most action I have ever seen on this place in 4 years this past weekend, that is the only reason we are going back so soon.....I am thinking that this week should be pretty action filled. Good Luck! Send some exotics our way!
                  Good Deal

Comment

I've got 3 does under the feeder right now 12:15 without a buck in sight. Not what I was expecting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                      I've got 3 does under the feeder right now 12:15 without a buck in sight. Not what I was expecting at all.
                      Hmmmmm

Comment

I take part of that back, one of them is a button buck. . But still, sure thought that every doe on the place would have a buck on her tail by now. I've got all week so hopefully the cold front will really kick it into high gear.

On a different note, this north wind has them on edge. They actually never really made to under the feeder. Hit the out skirts and then headed to the road corn. They are still there eating. I've never seen any of the deer here that spoked at the feeder.

Comment

Ive seen and have on camera several bigger mature bucks, 9 points or better. Even had them in bow range several times. Wanted to wait till the rut to see what would appear. So I know there are mature deer here.

Can someone please explain to me why I'm watching 2 yearling forked horn bucks chase this poor doe in this 300yd circle I can see? Every time she stops she pees. I'm talking about all out sprinting at times.

I really don't think there are that many does here that All the mature bucks are off chasing other does. Why aren't they up here kicking these young bucks off of her. I know this may be trivial to some of you but I'm being serious. Remember I hunted the piney woods all my
                          life and you didn't get to see any of this stuff.

And another question. They just stopped chasing her, actually she shifted gears and left the country. So now one of the bucks is at the feeder, but skidish is heck. Why? They have been eating there ever since I put it in the spring, no problem. Now every deer that comes near it acts like it's brand new! There's some pig blood from last night but they were acting like this yesterday before shot the pig.

Comment

Told y'all I had bigger deer here!! Heck yeah. He just appeared out of no where. He's not real wide but I love the splits and the fact he come so close at the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There you go man! Way to hang in there.
                              They sure can sneak up on you out there.

Comment

I was just telling my son and buddy before I shot him that I think they have tunnels and just pop up. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X