Gout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    I’m on alupurinol now, but my Uric Acid was 15.... anything over 6 is considered high, so I need to help reduce it by diet as well... I ate a supreme Pizza the other day it was so filling and awesome and it made me realize how we take things for granted.
    Gout sucks donkeys
    On a supreme pizza.... hamburger, sausage, tomato sauce.. all are bad to raise uric acid level. I’ve found that tomato and tomato products are bad for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      We sound exactly alike. Been battling it for years. It's put me on crutches a few times. Ill get it from my toes, up through my ankle into my knee joints. Sometimes one or the other, somtimes all 3 places. My whole family has it as well. My brother tends to get it in his hands and elbows.

I now take allopurinol daily as well for maintenance and colcrys for flare ups.

My biggest trigger is catfish from dirty water and blue crab. Fish from clear water does not bother me.

Very red meats bother me as well. (Venison, buffalo, elk, axis etc etc )

I cannot eat processed meat of any kind. I rarely drink so no problems there.

Cannot eat jerky unless its been cooked rather than dried or dehydrated.

I have learned to eat only fresh foods and I cook any red meat I eat very well done. Except for steaks I refuse to over cook them. Sometimes gout is worth it

I have also learned that if i am working out and losing weigh I will get flareups regardless of what I eat.

I was having flareups every 3-5 days for several years. Mine was so bad I have some joint dis-figuration in my toes. Allopurinol made my flareups worse so I couldn't take it.

My endocrinologist and I put a game plan together to get it under control.
      I finally went about 180 days only eating vegetables and grilled chicken, then I was able to start allopurinol.

Been under control since maybe a slight flare up every 3-4 months.
      Shellfish is the worst source of purines

Comment

I had it for years, and took allopurinal for years too. I very rarely drink anymore but I haven’t changed my diet at all and I ditched the meds a few years ago. I must not have had it bad as some of y’all, but that first flare up was my left big toe and it was real ! You couldn’t touch that sucker with a bed sheet !

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
          Just go get the good pills from the Dr.....

I did that back in Aug when I had my 1st attack. And have a few for the next time should there be one.

Comment

Working...
          X