No announcement yet.

Gout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my neighbor battles it.... he's tried medication, cherry juice, everything.

literally 2 weeks ago he was walking with a cane (barely) and was about to cancel a 3 week vacation because of it. went to a new doctor and he said to drink PURE LEMON JUICE twice a day for 3 days. by the third day he was almost in tears he was so happy. completely gone by the third day.

give it a try. he was drinking about 1/4 3 times a day. he basically added a little water and some sugar and made it very strong lemonade.

Comment

Had it once and don't want it again! Man that stuff is real! It will make you forget about any other aches or pains you've ever had.

Comment

I've had two gout flare ups in two years. At the time I was eating a lot of spinach. I mean like all day. Told my dr about my meal plan and he told me to cut back to eating spinach once a day. I have not had a flare up since I cut back

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
          never had the runs from colcrys
          Mine was generic colchicine, bottle said to take every 4 hours until you get diarrhea. The pharmacist chuckled when he explained it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
            Just curious, how do you know you're about to have a flare up?
            I start getting an ache in the joint. Sounds stupid, but you can just tell

Comment

It's a true b**ch!!!

Had it in the big toe like many of y'all. Pain was greater than an displaced arm or a hyperextended knee.

After day 5, I tried cherries. Fresh and the dried. Drank 8 bottles of fresh water each day. 36 hours later, I was 50% better.

Almost gone now. Staying hydrated and consuming cherries a few times/week now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                my neighbor battles it.... he's tried medication, cherry juice, everything.

literally 2 weeks ago he was walking with a cane (barely) and was about to cancel a 3 week vacation because of it. went to a new doctor and he said to drink PURE LEMON JUICE twice a day for 3 days. by the third day he was almost in tears he was so happy. completely gone by the third day.

give it a try. he was drinking about 1/4 3 times a day. he basically added a little water and some sugar and made it very strong lemonade.
                How much lemon did he drink? 1/4 what, cup?

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post

Interested as well. If that truly works its the best remedy ive heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I figured lemons being so acidic would be detrimental to gout.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post

Yes 1/4 cup 3 times a day. Sorry I missed that. Bourbon may have been involved in my typo lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just store bought Lemon Juice or freshly squeezed?
                        (Lemon as in the yellow and NOT Lime the green kind, correct??

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                          I start getting an ache in the joint. Sounds stupid, but you can just tell
                          Ditto this. And it moves around, today in the wrist, next day somewhere else. Like it's looking for a weak spot to jump on with all its might.

When I have gone to the Doctor with an attack, they draw a blood sample. Surprisingly, that makes it go away. Makes you think that the Doctors of old, bleeding people were onto something. Guess it makes some sense. Could lower the uric acid level in the blood stream. So next time you get an attack, start sharpening all your knifes and broadheads until your slip, and then you're cured!

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                            I figured lemons being so acidic would be detrimental to gout.
                            foods high in purines not acid
                            Last edited by Bruiser; 01-28-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                              foods high in purines not acid
                              Yes I know. Tomatoes do me in though too. Studies are linking other things to it as well.

Comment

I drink tea all day long. I'll start putting a lot of lemon in my tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X