No announcement yet.

Gout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man it sux. I tried everything, apple cider vinegar, cranberry juice etc. Change of diet and Allpurinol made the difference, cut out all of fast food.

I had it in my toes, ankle, knees and wrist. I waited way to long before getting real treatment.

I was getting flare ups pretty regularly and dreaded the times i was felling great and then bumped my toe on something.

Colchrys was my go to when it got bad, but then you better not leave the bathroom.

Feel for ya, no one understands until you get it. My son used to laugh at me hobbling around all over the place, I tod him I used to do the same thing to his grandpa. Genetics son.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had gout for 0ver 20 years, get it in both knees, no medication has ever done me any good.. have never been able to figure out what the trigger is.. I haven’t drank in 20years, drink tons of water,I eat clean everyday and work out regularly. I found that CBD oil keeps the inflammation down and I eat lemons every other day, when I feel it coming I eat a few a day and I eat The Whole thing... this has worked wonders for me, and gets me mobile pretty quick!

Comment

Watch foods high in purines such as turkey, red meat, seafood, legumes. Also stuff that is acidic such as tomatoes and sodas have been known to trigger it. My wife used to make taco soup with 3 different kinds of beans and ground turkey. She must’ve been trying to kill me I guess.

I currently take 300mg of allopurinol as well and just cut back on things I know affect me. I have a friend that started taking it as well with no help. His dr put him on Uloric and it’s worked.

Comment

I told my dr no more colchicine too. It invokes the worst diarrhea you’ll ever have. It flushes the Uric acid from your body and it is rough stuff coming out

Comment

never had the runs from colcrys

Comment

where does everyone get their wild cherry and tart cherry juice and pills from?

lots of good info and solutions, keep'em coming for everyone who's affected.

Comment

No fried food
                No gravy
                No seafood
                No alcohol
                No bacon
                No sausage
                No thanksgiving dinner
                No wild game
                Limited meat intake
                Drink lots of water
                Get a good doctor to help you monitor and control your UA
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-24-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

An old truck driver's remedy is a large can of pitted black cherries. Drink the whole can of juice and eat all the cherries. Relief comes within a couple of hours. Be sure to keep within a few feet from a toilet. Them cherries will work quickly, like stewed prunes. Been there done that
                  The cherries act like a powerful anti oxidant and cancel the uric acid.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    No fried food
                    No gravy
                    No seafood
                    No alcohol
                    No bacon
                    No sausage
                    No thanksgiving dinner
                    No wild game
                    Limited meat intake
                    Drink lots of water
                    Just shoot me. My dad takes medicine everyday for gout. I take medicine for kidney stones. My urologist said you will get either or so hopefully I'm gout free . Although I'm not sure which is worse gout or kidney stones.

Comment

Just curious, how do you know you're about to have a flare up?

Comment

A palm full of dried cherries everyday has kept mine in check for over a decade now. Alcohol is my trigger. Quit for 15 years, no gout and I forgot why I had quit. Started drinking again and hello gout. Started with the cherries and no gout. Thinking I need to drink cherry wine!

Some people claim they have to be tart cherries. What type or brand doesn't seem to matter to my body. Just what the store has in the dried fruit section. I also use some cherry juice in sparkling water, but it's more a refreshing drink than anything. Oh, BTW, this makes cherry pie medicine, not dessert! Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          No fried food
                          No gravy
                          No seafood
                          No alcohol
                          No bacon
                          No sausage
                          No thanksgiving dinner
                          No wild game
                          Limited meat intake
                          Drink lots of water
                          Sounds like a death sentence to me....geez!!

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                            I told my dr no more colchicine too. It invokes the worst diarrhea you’ll ever have. It flushes the Uric acid from your body and it is rough stuff coming out
                            This for me as well...i always said to myself the pain is so bad that is was worth it....just couldnt leave the house for half a day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I eat Fresh Cherries, Dried cherries, Organic unsweetened cherrie juice and occassinsaly dried Red cherrie Vitamins. All are pretty Tart. The fresh cherries can be tolerable and you can ice the cherrie juice down with filtered frozen water to drink it. Cold temps we re currently having can cause fire ups

Comment

I’ve had gout for about 6 years. First time I had a flare up, I thought I’d broken my big toe...hurt like hell.

My Dr. Had me on urloric, but I switched to allopurinol a year ago. I haven’t had a flare up in several years. Unfortunately, I’ll be on it the rest of my life....

I

Comment

Working...
                                X