Eco Boost V6 vs 5.0 V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDL View Post
    My brother inlaw is works in ford service. He says there are 20 ecoboost for every 1 5.0 in for repairs. That was enough to make me choose the 5.0.
    While I am sure that there are more mechanical issues and even enough to make me consider a 5.0, the fact that ford is selling WAY more ecoboost than 5.0 would be part of the reason that there are more in the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
      While I am sure that there are more mechanical issues and even enough to make me consider a 5.0, the fact that ford is selling WAY more ecoboost than 5.0 would be part of the reason that there are more in the shop.
      /\/\/\/\ What he said.

Comment

Eco Boost V6 vs 5.0 V8

I have a 2012 FX4 Ecoboost with 3.73 gears. Runs like a top. I just rolled 50K miles and it is still by far my favorite motor. I have driven the 5.0 and it was a slug compared to the Ecoboost.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398303822.799111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	24301131

Comment

Originally posted by aac_shooter View Post
          I have a 2012 FX4 Ecoboost with 3.73 gears. Runs like a top. I just rolled 50K miles and it is still by far my favorite motor. I have driven the 5.0 and it was a slug compared to the Ecoboost.
          [ATTACH]616259[/ATTACH]
          My 2014 is like yours, but I need one of those bumpers!!! Very nice
          Attached Files

Comment

What bumper is that. I like it a lot.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the info, still not sure what I will get just yet but at least I have had good feed back on both

Comment

[ATTACH]616259[/ATTACH]

The bumpers are Road Armor.

Comment

The bumpers are Road Armor.
                  Is there a hole for the intercooler?

Comment

[ATTACH]616259[/ATTACH]
                    I don't see how that could be. They are the same in HP, the Eco has an advantage with torque, but not enough to make the 5.0 "feel like a slug".

Fwiw I have not driven either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I don't see how that could be. They are the same in HP, the Eco has an advantage with torque, but not enough to make the 5.0 "feel like a slug".

Fwiw I have not driven either.
                      An extra 40 ft-lbs of torque at peak, but the ecoboost makes almost 400 ft-lbs from 2000rpm to redline, peak numbers being 420 at 2500 rpm. The 5.0 makes 380 at 4250 rpm. That's why it feels like a dog compared to the ecoboost. I drove all 3 motors and the ecoboost was the quickest of the 3. The 6.2 and ecoboost are pretty evenly matched, but the ecoboost gets significantly better gas mileage than the 6.2. There's a reason the 6.2 and ecoboost can tow 2000 pounds more than the 5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
                        I run 87 for running around empty, towing I run 93 like the owners manual suggest, when I run 93 , I see one - 2 mpg increase, the engine runs better
                        This. I ran to Muskogee and back last week and ran 93 Octane, got 17.8 up and back. Will run lower when in town but higher on road trips. Also, once you get to 80 MPH it drops pretty rapidly. I had no issues with the high octane.

Comment

Had a 5.3 chevy before the ecoboost. It's a night and day difference, LOVE this truck. No more passing gear grunts when towing my boat up hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                            Is there a hole for the intercooler?

I was told by Road Armor that the cut out with their logo I the front of the bumper will flow plenty of CFM for the inter cooler. I have never had a problem with temps and the bumper has been there since a couple months after I got the truck.

Comment

The title begs the question....when are they gonna quit jacking around with 6 cylinders and turbo charge the 5.0???

Comment

That would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X